Waterless cooling from EVAN'S

valdo's toy

Established Member
EVAN'S waterless system and new water pump!!

High guys just wanted to pass this info to you, WATERLESS COOLANT. I found it in an STI forum and thought it would be very useful in our Cobras since our engine's heads design seem to be hot spot friendly and as they describe in their product information it would help on this area. What do you guys think?. Just passing the info, hope it helps.
http://www.evanscooling.com/index2.html

While reading the info on the waterless cooling system I came across this new water pump from them, designed for 4.6L engines and supercharged Cobras, the part number as listed in their Web-site is EP3514, it has a 4' impeller vs. an 2.578" for higher coolant flow, it seems like a great addition for us guys that have midified our cars and specially for those that autocross on their Cobras. Hope the info helps.:read: :shrug:

Last edited:

J15BIG

Established Member
i remember some talk about this stuff a while back on the lightning boards. might wanna check on that for more info.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by 04blackmach
A LARGER impeller also TAKES MORE hp to run. :nono:

Which is better losing 5 hp or overheating your motor. If you open track your car this is a necessity. 03 Cobra Toy has it in his car. With a larger Fluidyne radiator, removing the stock thermostat, welding the return hose closed, and apten cooling head mod. Yes a larger radiator is heavier also. This is my next project.

btw, I think most tracks don't want you to run with it in your system they want straight distilled water.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Re: EVAN'S waterless system and new water pump!!

Originally posted by valdo's toy
High guys just wanted to pass this info to you, WATERLESS COOLANT. I found it in an STI forum and thought it would be very useful in our Cobras since our engine's heads design seem to be hot spot friendly and as they describe in their product information it would help on this area. What do you guys think?. Just passing the info, hope it helps.
http://www.evanscooling.com/index2.html

While reading the info on the waterless cooling system I came across this new water pump from them, designed for 4.6L engines and supercharged Cobras, the part number as listed in their Web-site is EP3514, it has a 4' impeller vs. an 2.578" for higher coolant flow, it seems like a great addition for us guys that have midified our cars and specially for those that autocross on their Cobras. Hope the info helps.:read: :shrug:
Man, that new water pump must be a monster - and cool like there's no tomorrow. A four foot impeller vs. the stock 2.758" stock impeller. Will you have to modify your engine bay at all to make it fit?
:lol:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I have 5 gallons of evans sitting ready to go in my stroker..

Ive spent a lot of time on the ohone with evans myself. I was told straight out the waterpump isnt worth it if your stock unit is doing fine.

On a side note they are working on a new product to help with our cooling issues. The way he explained it it was a peice where the coolant comes into block down by the oil filter.

I do have the head mod but honestly am not sure if it is the do all and be all and here is why. The coolant coming off the back of the head(as far as I can tell) simply goes through the heater core and back into the water pump.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
snake oil.

i bet you a bazillion dollars it has a specific heat capacity of less than 1.0 which makes it less effective than straight water.

"real" race cars run straight water becuase thats all thats allowed on a "real" track.

coleman

Established Member
My conclusion is that if your car tends to overheat during open track sessions, there is quite a that can be done without going with Evans that will help you out even if you eventually go with Evans.

My car does well normally... I did go into thermal shutdown mode once on Sunday, but there quite a few easy (conventional) things I can do to give me some more cooling capacity/capability...

Not to mention that the process of completely flushing your system of any trace of coolant looks difficult.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
My conclusion is that if your car tends to overheat during open track sessions, there is quite a that can be done without going with Evans that will help you out even if you eventually go with Evans.

My car does well normally... I did go into thermal shutdown mode once on Sunday, but there quite a few easy (conventional) things I can do to give me some more cooling capacity/capability...

Not to mention that the process of completely flushing your system of any trace of coolant looks difficult.
I agree that doing evans alone is not the way to go about it. In my case, I have a new stroker going in, along with head cooling mod, larger oil pan, and a fluidyne radiator. What better time to add evans since the system will be dry?

coleman

Established Member
Shadowgray03, I seriously considered doing mine when my stroker went in ... but mine was a daily driver at the time.

I'm still running 50/50 coolant :bash:
My first easiest change will be water & wetter.
Then, I have to decide which radiator is the best choice for our cars...

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
Shadowgray03, I seriously considered doing mine when my stroker went in ... but mine was a daily driver at the time.

I'm still running 50/50 coolant :bash:
My first easiest change will be water & wetter.
Then, I have to decide which radiator is the best choice for our cars...
Mine is a daily driver as well (weather permitting anyways) but I figured it was easier to do the evans first and switch to water later than the other way around. My main concern is reducing chance of piston/head damage due to heat. Of course nothing can overcome a crappy tune, but keeping head temps low is simply preventative maint and I dont want to take any chances with the new engine.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member

coleman

Established Member
03 Cobra Toy, that is exactly where I want my engine oil cooler as well...
can you give me a link to what you purchased for that?

coleman

Established Member
03 Cobra Toy, that would help out immensely! :beer:
I need to do everything I can to keep my car within normal operating temps...

Users who are viewing this thread