water spots!

GunsGoBang

Established Member
I have a ton of water spots on my windows and i cant get them off at all! I used a clay bar on them.. Nothing.. Vinager and water..Nothing.. Invisable glass..Nothing. I dont know what to do now! I cant seem to get them off at all its really pissing me off! Any help is much apreciated, Kevin

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Try using a claybar first, and then use a fine steel wool if that doesn't work.

Scott P

Established Member
I'd try a mild polish like SSR1 if you have some. If you go the steel wool route, go for the 0000 grade. Anything stonger could scratch your windows. Even the 0000 stuff can leave some light marks if used too heavily or without lubrication.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
GunsGoBang said:
I have a ton of water spots on my windows and i cant get them off at all! I used a clay bar on them.. Nothing.. Vinager and water..Nothing.. Invisable glass..Nothing. I dont know what to do now! I cant seem to get them off at all its really pissing me off! Any help is much apreciated, Kevin

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... I'm guessing it's sprinkler water then, right? Sounds really hard too... I've been in this situation before as well. What worked for me was washing the whole car with Joy dish soap, but here's the catch... I used warm to hot water and the back side of a scotch sponge to get it off of the window. Worked like a charm! It's just a pain in the ass getting the warm to hot water for the wash...

GunsGoBang

Established Member
Ok so heres a list of what i have tried.. and nothing even made a dent. Claybar, vinager water, dish soap, scotchbrite pad with soap and hot water, turtle rubbing compund, klassee all in one. Nothing has even helped a little, I have no idea what to do. Its just from washing my car i made sure i was in the shade and dried it really fast no water even dried on the car. Anything else i should try?

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
GunsGoBang said:
Ok so heres a list of what i have tried.. and nothing even made a dent. Claybar, vinager water, dish soap, scotchbrite pad with soap and hot water, turtle rubbing compund, klassee all in one. Nothing has even helped a little, I have no idea what to do. Its just from washing my car i made sure i was in the shade and dried it really fast no water even dried on the car. Anything else i should try?

Shit... New window's? :shrug:

byeofcr

Established Member
seriously..i had the same problem, i used windex, tilex, warm water + scotch pad and etc etc.

i used EASY OFF BAM, it took it off in a second. l swear by the stuff. it worked like a charm.

give it a shot let me know if it worked for you. good luck man

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
I think I have the same problem as well, I bought my truck a few weeks ago and this is how my backwindow(the only window with this problem) looks.

I found this post so I went out and tried the Easy Off Bam product and the claybar, its getting dark on me but it looked like a real fine steel wool and easy off bam was making the spots less "noticable". Wont be able to tell for sure until tomorrow with daylight, will post back with results/experiences. Hopefully it helps, its not real noticable unless you look at it but id like to have it gone.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
04mellowyellow said:
Just an idea but try scrapping the windows with a razor blade

But be careful... You don't want to cut the window in half! :D

:lol: Just playing around, but I think that only works for sticker and stuff. Lol

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
But be careful... You don't want to cut the window in half! :D

:lol: Just playing around, but I think that only works for sticker and stuff. Lol

I know it works when removing paint over-spray from windows. Never tried it for water spots. Just an idea.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
GunsGoBang said:

Ha ha I also had one of those problems on my motorhome. NOTHING I tried worked. What I ended up doing was taking a flat mandrel that held a sanding disc that was about 1-1/2' to 2" diameter. Then I took terry cloth washcloth sections that were about 4" x 4" and I rubberbanded about six terrycloth layers onto the mandrel.

With my cordless Dewalt drill, I put a little "Flitz" on the terry cloth and slowly polished that window (laying that mandrel face, flat against the window) inch by inch. It really turned out awesome. It was such a FPITA to do that one window, I never did the others that also needed it. :kaboom: You may be able to do it by hand with the Flitz? I just don't know? :shrug:

Good luck!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
C-30-H20SptRmvr.jpg

http://www.prowax.com/glass.shtml

Users who are viewing this thread