Water Pump Question!

hotcobra03

Established Member
This vid has the lower caged on without the belt on.

I have tried all of the above. There is no cut out and if you reverse the pulley on the tensioner on the timing cover it will rub on the cover and gouge the cover.

I followed the map on CobraBob's FAQ each time I installed the belt to be on the safe side. Needless to say, I'm a pro at it now lol!

the cage has a bearing,,,

can you post a vid with cage off and just inner belt on,,

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
the cage has a bearing,,,

can you post a vid with cage off and just inner belt on,,

Jeezus. Don't tell me that! The thought of a bearing in lower cage had crossed my mind. I'll post a video this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
The more I think about it, I think you called it right. I just can remember if I ran it with the lower off and the inner belt on. Looks like im pulling the cage tonight...AGAIN

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Jeezus. Don't tell me that! The thought of a bearing in lower cage had crossed my mind. I'll post a video this weekend.

take sometime and look in tech ,,there were a coupe threads with in the last wk or two,,

it wasnt designed to be rebuilt ,,it isnt hard to get off as threads claim,,but as you do see things can go wrong,

hotcobra03

Established Member
Hotcobra03, you're one badass mother****er!! You called it. Check out the video with the caged lower off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCQtV_FqptY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

something is still there with lower off thats not right..i hear a knocking noise/rumble,might want to pull inner belt and run again

on the lower....spin again with pulley ontop and see how loud...these are tighter when installed...some thing else ,,if front cover was ever off the wrong bolts can be on bottom 2 bolts causing alignment issues,,maybe some good pics of engine front..

Last edited:

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
The rumble was the water pump pulley. I had the bolts less than finger tight. I tightened them up and the rules was gone. You may have also heard the TOB squeaking a bit... That just started a week ago :(

hotcobra03

Established Member
The rumble was the water pump pulley. I had the bolts less than finger tight. I tightened them up and the rules was gone. You may have also heard the TOB squeaking a bit... That just started a week ago :(

well than you at that lower bearing...

if you did search lower cage issues you seen i did find away to do something on the tri bar for the rubber part..the bearing i didnt try..

it is staked around it to help lock it in..it looks like it can be changed still without damage...just need bearing ...

depending on your skills...the allen screws into tri-bar..reverse threads..caution using heat when doing..i had some filing to do to threads to get back together

sorry i didnt save the bearing number but iirc thread 4lb lower caged pulley has some pics that you will see bearing and number,,

good used 1`s are still floating....our option to go with a metco is 50/50 debate:shrug:

ford stopped selling these from what ive read,,they were around 800 new

mine
IMG_9568.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread