water-meth

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
Ok, I have a stupid question.

If your running water-meth injection, do you spray before the blower rotors (after the throttle body, with a roots style blower) or after (in the manifold)?

This is on a ported M62 blower, for a SVT Focus:

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

and a bad picture of the manifold...the blower would sit on top of the manifold (left side, in the pic)
IMG_0353.jpg

strictly6racing

Strictly6racing
Established Member
it is best to run water methanol right after the throttlebody on a roots type supercharger to get maximum cooling and efficiency. although most inject right before the throttle body. just one rule, never before the MAF or after the rotors of the supercharger!!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
it is best to run water methanol right after the throttlebody on a roots type supercharger to get maximum cooling and efficiency. although most inject right before the throttle body. just one rule, never before the MAF or after the rotors of the supercharger!!

Why? The hot rotors can evaporate the water in the mix. It's probably best to spray after the rotors on an eaton to get max cooling efficiency. You spray after a centrifugal or a turbo, so why not after a positive displacement blower??

Snow Performance: Home They have a forum that you can read up on issues like this.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Why? The hot rotors can evaporate the water in the mix. It's probably best to spray after the rotors on an eaton to get max cooling efficiency. You spray after a centrifugal or a turbo, so why not after a positive displacement blower??

Snow Performance: Home They have a forum that you can read up on issues like this.

If you can achieve it effectively, spaying after the rotors would yield greater effeciency. Spraying into moving parts transfers unneccessary energy to the w/m.

Agreed with the above posts. You'd net a much greater gain cooling the IATs if you spray it post compression rather than before. This is the point at which the temperature differential is greatest, which means the most cooling can be achieved.

If you can spray post rotors, that's the way to go.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
An issue of spraying it behind the throttle body is when you're not under boost, the vacuum will suck the w/m right out of the tank. You'll need some sort of shut off valve (like a nitrous solenoid) that's shut under vacuum and opens when the pump kicks on.

I have run alcohol injection on several different setups now, and I'd suggest mounting it right before the throttle body. It's not going to hurt the supercharger at all.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Agreed with the above posts. You'd net a much greater gain cooling the IATs if you spray it post compression rather than before. This is the point at which the temperature differential is greatest, which means the most cooling can be achieved.

If you can spray post rotors, that's the way to go.
The problem with that on most roots applications is the inability to get it to cool the air for all cylinders. For Cobras you'd have to do a direct port injection type setup for it to be effective for every cylinder. On a turbo or centri setup, I agree, after the head unit is best. On a roots, I think the most effective is before the throttle body.

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
Ok, next 'variable'

It is basically a log style maniifold the blower bolts to. (on a Focus)

I borrowed theses pics from someone else...

JRSCparts.jpg

blowermanifold.jpg

if I spray into the manifold, would I worry about starving cylinders 3 and 4?

Im thinking before the rotors in my situation would be the best, even if it is not as efficient...i dont want to improperly ventilate my block.....

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The problem with that on most roots applications is the inability to get it to cool the air for all cylinders. For Cobras you'd have to do a direct port injection type setup for it to be effective for every cylinder..

My car has this :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread