Water Meth-Injection with Procharger

corysmach1

Established Member
Compression is about 8.5:1 I am running Ported heads, FR500 cam kit, JE pistons, ModMax H-beam rods, stock forged crank.

The meth will help me greatly. At the end of a 1/4 mile run I am seeing IAT's in the 170's and my tune starts pulling timing by about 160 degrees. I have no doubts I will pick up a small amount of power just from the cooling of the meth and then I expect to pick up 30-40 RWHP when I up the timing in my tune.

I guarantee you will pick up at least 40rwhp.

corysmach1

Established Member
Holy crap I am lost why you guys are losing timing up top? hell my 03 cobra with a heaton on it with a 2.65 upper never pulled timing untill the IC pump failed. And my 96 i raced back to back 4 times in a row and got faster everytime?

v8volvo

Face Smasher
Established Member
Holy crap I am lost why you guys are losing timing up top? hell my 03 cobra with a heaton on it with a 2.65 upper never pulled timing untill the IC pump failed. And my 96 i raced back to back 4 times in a row and got faster everytime?

Simple.... '03 Cobra air-water intercooling is more efficient than the air-air of the Prochargers. I could pull less timing or none at all; all I'd have to do is change it in my tune but, the IATs are on the high-side so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread