Water Meth-Injection with Procharger

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Well since everytime i run my car at the track i have to mix 91 and unleaded 109 and it gets pricey. Im really considering running a water methanol kit instead of running 109 all the time.

I want to hear everyones opinion about using these kits with a procharger. Im at 14psi. on a P1SC which is already maxed out. I was thinking of using the Devils Own kit.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Sorry don't have an answer, But I would be interested to see what a water/meth kit would do for you.

What is your RWHP now at 14 psi? Are you running a 2.95 pulley? Any belt slip?

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Sorry don't have an answer, But I would be interested to see what a water/meth kit would do for you.

What is your RWHP now at 14 psi? Are you running a 2.95 pulley? Any belt slip?

Actually im running a 3.4 pulley with a 15% overdrive crank pulley, from what i can see no belt slip.

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
Can easily be done...

I switched my F1a Mach from race fuel to meth...

I used the cooling mist kit, but any kit by AIS, Snow etc would do the same....

No issues, and I'm making plenty of power on it

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Can easily be done...

I switched my F1a Mach from race fuel to meth...

I used the cooling mist kit, but any kit by AIS, Snow etc would do the same....

No issues, and I'm making plenty of power on it

Did you actually see horsepower gains? I know you were race fuel, did you drop horsepower running the meth?

I did see the cooling mist kit, how good does it work?

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
I actually gained some HP..

Was previously right at 600 on race (was running 108 technically), and went to 630 on pump.. (now some could of been the tune, but I have no loss of power...

Cooling mist works great, you just don't see many folks using them...

Id use AIS or Snow for ease of controller use, but all the pumps and such are virtually the same..

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member

Was previously right at 600 on race (was running 108 technically), and went to 630 on pump.. (now some could of been the tune, but I have no loss of power...

Id use AIS or Snow for ease of controller use, but all the pumps and such are virtually the same..

Good info man!
I will probably be ordering a kit so i can run on mine!

corysmach1

Established Member

wow 30 hp over a race gas tune is impressive!!

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
Im not saying it was a true gain, I dyno'd back at 600 ish a few times too, I jsut didn;t want to lose power in the switch and I didn't so its effective to me..

The power difference could just be the tune... I was happy.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Actually im running a 3.4 pulley with a 15% overdrive crank pulley, from what i can see no belt slip.

I have a 3.2 pulley and likely next step is overdrive pulley. I thought the 15% was too large and had issues with the block.

I thought with 99 only a 12% OD worked...Good to know you are not having issues

v8volvo

Face Smasher
Established Member
I have an AEM kit plumbed into my car but, haven't had a chance to tune it yet. I have no doubt my car will make more power on the meth as by the time I am half way through 3rd gear on a 1/4 mile run my IAT's are going through the roof and my tune is pulling about 5-6 degrees of timing.

corysmach1

Established Member
I have an AEM kit plumbed into my car but, haven't had a chance to tune it yet. I have no doubt my car will make more power on the meth as by the time I am half way through 3rd gear on a 1/4 mile run my IAT's are going through the roof and my tune is pulling about 5-6 degrees of timing.

How much boost? Are you innercooled? Just curious because I dont think that should happen.

v8volvo

Face Smasher
Established Member
How much boost? Are you innercooled? Just curious because I dont think that should happen.

About 18-19 psi with my new belt tensioner, 3 core Procharger intercooler and I am about 1500 rpm below max impeller speed for the D1-SC. Plus there isn't much of an opening for air to pass over the intercooler on a '99 Cobra.

I am sure there are no issues, just spinning the blower hard and it's producing more heat then I'd like.

corysmach1

Established Member
About 18-19 psi with my new belt tensioner, 3 core Procharger intercooler and I am about 1500 rpm below max impeller speed for the D1-SC. Plus there isn't much of an opening for air to pass over the intercooler on a '99 Cobra.

I am sure there are no issues, just spinning the blower hard and it's producing more heat then I'd like.

What compression is your motor? What cams? hell whats the complete specs on your motor? I agree the meth will help you out trmendously very curious to see how much it does help you....I dont know if I want meth or E-85. E-85 has proven itself on many cars I just wanna see some meth results on similar cars like I got.

v8volvo

Face Smasher
Established Member
What compression is your motor? What cams? hell whats the complete specs on your motor? I agree the meth will help you out trmendously very curious to see how much it does help you....I dont know if I want meth or E-85. E-85 has proven itself on many cars I just wanna see some meth results on similar cars like I got.

Compression is about 8.5:1 I am running Ported heads, FR500 cam kit, JE pistons, ModMax H-beam rods, stock forged crank.

The meth will help me greatly. At the end of a 1/4 mile run I am seeing IAT's in the 170's and my tune starts pulling timing by about 160 degrees. I have no doubts I will pick up a small amount of power just from the cooling of the meth and then I expect to pick up 30-40 RWHP when I up the timing in my tune.

Users who are viewing this thread