Watch MagnaFlow's Rich Waitas explain all things exhaust on /Drive

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MagnaFlow's Richard Waitas sat down with /Drive for an episode of /Engineered to show and tell about how exhausts work. It's a pretty comprehensive look at what goes into moving exhaust gases from your engine to the exhaust tip. Even if you know a lot about exhausts, you might find some it enlightening and surprising. If you've been thinking exhausts lately—MagnaFlow or otherwise—it's a great overview to let you consider what will work best for your car and what you want do with it.

[video=youtube;RWTARjxiqlo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWTARjxiqlo[/video]

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've owned pretty much all the big name exhaust systems on different vehicles except MagnaFlow

Is there any reason you haven't run MagnaFlow on anything? Just curious if there's something keeping you from that, especially if it's something we can help with.

truefiveo

Established Member
Is there any reason you haven't run MagnaFlow on anything? Just curious if there's something keeping you from that, especially if it's something we can help with.

Just never heard anything that sounds good with them.
LTX/LSX sound too raspy with them.

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member
Great video, it helps people understand the science involved. Primary diameter/length, collector type, length and diameter and overall system length are important when searching for optimum power.

I've tried a lot of systems/mufflers as well, borla, corsa, bassani, magnaflow and kooks. Each one sounds different and I like them all.

TClark22

Established Member
Rich is the man. All of the shows I watch where he builds the custom kits, he just kills it, very fast and knowledgeable.

Redfire03

Established Member
Love Maganflow, have it on all my cars and all of them are from from "raspy". The fact that they sound rich and full is what keeps me coming back to you guys!

Agreed with everyone else, awesome video! Cool understanding the science behind it all.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I used a Magnaflow catted X-pipe on my old Cobra. IMO the big three are Magnaflow, Bassani and Borla. Magnaflow has a unique sound (catback) that some love and others not so much. High quality products for sure. :)

That was a really informative video!

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I used a Magnaflow catted X-pipe on my old Cobra. IMO the big three are Magnaflow, Bassani and Borla. Magnaflow has a unique sound (catback) that some love and others not so much. High quality products for sure. :)

That was a really informative video!

Thanks, we're really thankful to Engineered for letting Rich do what Rich does best! We do pride ourselves on the quality and we make all of it here in the U.S. at our facility in Rancho Santa Margarita, California.

Users who are viewing this thread