Washington License Plate Law

svtcobras

www.htsracing.com
Established Member
I almost installed the new plate mount on my Cervinis bumper today, opted not to because it looked like crap. I think I will leave it in the windshield.
plate.jpg

Last edited:

71stang99

Established Member
We have the plate rule here, its BS and screws up the bumper, my 99 Cobra had it on the car already so I took it off and put 'buttons' painted to the cars color to fill the holes, looked cheesy up close but from a distance it was ok. When I bought the 03 new I told them not to put it on the car otherwise I wouldnt buy it. My spouses 04 F150 came with it on, however it was a split bumper so they actually were smart and didnt have it drilled on, I just removed the tabs from behind and yanked the damn thing off. The idea about keeping one in the glove box sounds pretty good to me, no flying objects or scratches on the dash, just pull it out when its needed and tuck it away when not, otherwise I suppose you could buy some tape and wrap the edges to prevent scratching if you really wanted it on your dash all the time.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
hahaha Duvall cops are a joke seriously. Theyre the only cops i know of that have more time on their hands than clyde hill police. Anyways to answer your question just leave it in the window on the dash or be like me and not have a front plate in your car at all.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
yup just got back today. Its been dang long. South Africa was a blast, and new york was cool too. Just feels good to be back with my baby. Now i gotta figure out what to do with 500

tarch

I LUB RAIN!
Established Member
Shangsta said:
hahaha Duvall cops are a joke seriously. Theyre the only cops i know of that have more time on their hands than clyde hill police. Anyways to answer your question just leave it in the window on the dash or be like me and not have a front plate in your car at all.

you're forgetting Medina cops

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
"Sorry officer, my girlfriend bumped the plate into something in a parking lot and broke the bracket. I took it off so it didn't fall of on the freeway. I was going to order a new part on my lunchbreak today."

Back when I had a 3/4 ton, I knocked one plate off four wheeling, one in a parking lot, and a couple runs to 140 made the bracket on my Lightning loose. Those things are friggin delicate.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Evergreensvt You ever drive through snohomish? I see Lightning everyday, and alot of bulitts to.

vennom

99/03 hybrid
Established Member
i just keep mine in my dash never had any problems, technicly it is legal tho right?

Oxford Snake

Established Member
vennom said:
i just keep mine in my dash never had any problems, technicly it is legal tho right?

I'm not sure. Did you read my link to the WAC?

The vehicle license number plates shall be attached conspicuously at the front and rear of each vehicle for which the same are issued and in such a manner that they can be plainly seen and read at all times

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
My question is how do you go about changing that law? A petition? Would you have to get a lawyer to write it up? I think it would save us some money, they would only have to mfg. half as many license plates.

svtcobras

www.htsracing.com
Established Member
plates

My understanding, though I very well could be wrong, is that the WSP uses the front license plate to play laser tag, as it is a highly reflective surface....

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
svtcobras.com said:
My understanding, though I very well could be wrong, is that the WSP uses the front license plate to play laser tag, as it is a highly reflective surface....

Even more reason to abolish that law

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
the one time ive gotten pulled over for the plate it was because the cop was mad that he didnt have an easy target to tag. how do i know this? well i confronted him and then he told me that and said next time it would be a ticket

Joe5.0

Established Member
Shangsta said:
yup just got back today. Its been dang long. South Africa was a blast, and new york was cool too. Just feels good to be back with my baby. Now i gotta figure out what to do with 500

Well what are you gonna do with the 500? :idea:

ccjcobra99

Established Member
Its a pretty dumn law when you consider that a WA historic license does not even come with a front plate.

I have the front plate off of my 99 for almost 2 years. Been pulled over once, and had a verbal warning, I taped the plate in the window for awhile but eventually pulled it down, I don't drive the car everyday anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread