Washington License Plate Law

Oxford Snake

Established Member
WA Legislative RCW

I'm tired of the Duvall police "reminding" me that a front plate is required. Looking for ways to display a tag without actually mounting it to the front bumper. I've researched and I have found that people in TX are using velcro to attach the tag to the passenger visor. We must be atleast 1' and less that 4' from the ground. Sounds like we should be able to display on the dash.

Dave

Last edited:

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Oxford Snake said:
WA Legislative RCW

I'm tired of the Duvall police "reminding" me that a front plate is required. Looking for ways to display a tag without actually mounting it to the front bumper. I've researched and I have found that people in TX are using velcro to attach the tag to the passenger visor. We must be atleast 1' and less that 4' from the ground. Sounds like we should be able to display on the dash.

Dave

Granted...the front license thing is kinda dumb...I know because I live in Ohio...but I think what is even dumber is to keep ignoring the fact that it is the law in some states......and then I have to ask you to what end does that serve you? So you can keep being stopped, reminded, harrassed and / or ticketed just so that you can either (1) have the front bumper bare or (2) so you can hang some kind of "specialized" or "theme" plate on the front......which in reality in either case (a) doesn't do squat or speak one way or another about the car or (b) maybe gets noticed by 1 out of every 10000 people if you are lucky.

So why don't you just cut your losses and just put the dumb plate on the front where it can be easily read by the cops and concentrate on those details which really will speak about the car rather than some dumb stupid garnishment.

Gawwd what some people fret and waste their time mulling over.. :dw: :rollseyes :shrug:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Thanks for the advise......^^^^

Anyways, you can put it in the windshield if you need to, you should be ok with that....thats what I do.....

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
What people need to understand is that Duvall is a "special" kind of place. We have a gung-ho police force in a 1 horse town that have nothing better to do than pull people over for this. Never mind the drugs being sold at the high school, that is unimportant. Only those of us that live here (myself and Dave) can truly understand this situation. To call the cops out here Barney Fife is an understatement. Sanders dresses like he is on the S.W.A.T. team, boots and all. It really makes me laugh when I see him.

I am wondering what we have to do to get the law changed. I believe there are some states that do not have a front plate law...anyone?

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Just cause they dont have anything better to do than chase down people not of their kind, rednecks, they are still the law and you need to obey that....so next time you get pulled over, make sure to tell them to go back to their little station with their buddy and do what they would usually do
bananapoke2.gif

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
RickSvt said:
Just cause they dont have anything better to do than chase down people not of their kind, rednecks, they are still the law and you need to obey that....so next time you get pulled over, make sure to tell them to go back to their little station with their buddy and do what they would usually do
bananapoke2.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

svtcobras

www.htsracing.com
Established Member
I got pulled over about two weeks ago by a WSP (People's Police) and he said the license plate stuck between the windshield was fine.

tarch

I LUB RAIN!
Established Member
svtcobras.com said:
I got pulled over about two weeks ago by a WSP (People's Police) and he said the license plate stuck between the windshield was fine.

like in the wedge between the dash and the windshield?

i would think it's kinda dangerous to your passenger

Oxford Snake

Established Member
CobraKindaGuy said:
Granted...the front license thing is kinda dumb...I know because I live in Ohio...

Gawwd what some people fret and waste their time mulling over.. :dw: :rollseyes :shrug:

This was a post for my fellow WA stangers who also do not want to drill holes in their front bumper. Why don't you keep to your local forum and quit "wasting time and mulling" over our fourm.

svtcobras

www.htsracing.com
Established Member
Roger that. I thought about the possibility of an accident and what would happen to the plate (flying object?), I used two peices of double sided tape on the top corners and called it good. I hope.

Joe5.0

Established Member
We have the liscense plate in the glove box, see a cop, put it in the windshield, then when hes gone, it goes back in the glove box:)

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
Mean, that's a good idea... will have to implement.

If this IS the law, why then is it an "option" for the front plate kit from Ford? Also, why is it that GM sees fit to ignore the "law" altogether and even go as far to completely disregard with regard to the vettes (i.e. the front with a cutout/molded area for the plate, but splashing it with CORVETTE instead)? I have yet to see a vette with a front plate.

It's a subjective law at best - I think that's why it's such a hot topic. Dave - I agree with you... I can't see myself drilling holes in the Cobra just to fulfill a law that is left up to an individual's 'mood-of-the-day' to enforce.

Christian

Oxford Snake

Established Member
I usually cruise around with it one the dash but I'm worried about the sharp edges scratching up my dash.

I stopped at Home Depot yesterday an picked up a 3' length of 1/8" * 3/4" strip of metal. I did some poking around under the car and I have a fix. I plan on connecting the two mounting points for the heat exchanger with this strip of metal which will act as a mounting point for the license plate. Should be able to line it up with the center of the fascia cutout. (I know I'm cutting circulation but it's better than holes and/or tickets)

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread