Washington License Plate Law

blubyeu

Established Member
Just make a photo copy on adhesive backed vinyl paper. You can peel them off when you don't want to run with one.

23rwtp1.jpg

04bullitt

140 Top Speed. WTF?!?!?!?
Established Member
i believe the reason that corvettes and most german cars for that matter get away with it is i believe there is a loophole that states that if the car didnt come drilled or prepped for plates then no front plate is required. i know this is i5 motors policy which they are located in Fife. i was in there lookin at an e36 m3 and they tried using that as one of the selling points.

ive always done front window and ive never received any grief from the police what-so-ever.

tscripa

Was recently pulled over in Sammamish because I had a smoked plastic cover over my rear plate and no plate on front. The officer just "educated" me on the law and was kind enough to let me off with the warning. I replaced the rear cover with a clear one and will still not put a plate on front. He also suggested that I contact the dept.of licensing to see if they will make an exception to the front plate requirement. If they agreed to do this it would be noted on the registration. Has anyone tried this? I plan to give it a shot and will post results. I will make a pitch that it is a special edition / "collectable" car that does not come equipped with a front plate mount installed. I suppose it is worth a shot.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought about getting that exception when I read the RCW on license plates. A Lambo or Ferrari have nowhere to mount a front plate why can't we get an exception on a Cobra.

TranzitMS

Established Member
If you have no purforations in your front bumper cover i can supply you with a copy of Wa state RCW that i keep in the glove box of my saleen that states in cases where there is no place to mount the plate you may request a permit to not have to use one. If your interested i can make you a copy if you want to stop by.

-mike

hmwave

Established Member
TranzitMS said:
If you have no purforations in your front bumper cover i can supply you with a copy of Wa state RCW that i keep in the glove box of my saleen that states in cases where there is no place to mount the plate you may request a permit to not have to use one. If your interested i can make you a copy if you want to stop by.

-mike

Can you post a copy/scan?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
TranzitMS said:

-mike

I wonder how you go about applying for an exception.

Users who are viewing this thread