Washing your car????

How many times do you wash your car a week?

• Not once a week...

Votes: 35 24.8%
  • Maybe once

Votes: 75 53.2%
  • 2 +

Votes: 31 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drptitan

Established Member
Well how many times a week do yall wash your cars??

I daily drive my car and wash it atleast 2 times a week!!!

Last edited:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
more you wash..the more you scratch it ;)

drptitan

Established Member
The weather here has sucked lately with all the rain, and I am to particular with my czr for it to be dirty. I dont scratch my car bro, I am no newb when it comes to detailing. I have used swirl removers and polishing compounds on my car before so the paint is in the best condition possible for the year and miles. The porter cable is my best friend!!!

Some pics of my buddies SS I cleaned up for the corvette and chevy expo here in houston, I am no pro but I think it turned out pretty good.
DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
i wash mine bout every 1-2 weeks. Theres been crappy weather here lately and since mine's a DD, it will get dirty the next morning going to work. And to add to that, i know nothing about detailing. nothing.

C1Sn8k

Established Member
i wash about 2 times a month, but i spray it off with water at least once a week because the landscaping guys come blow the parking lot after cutting the grass and stir up dust and dirt

ZeroFear

Banned
I was my car about once a week in the summer. It sleeps in the winter while the DD gets all beat up. I wash that only once in a while.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Is that the reason why you wash yours once a year? :lol:

Yup, I'd rather it be dirty than me scratch it. And I dont care what anyone says..when you wash your car you put scratches in it. It's unavoidable, and in black you can def. see what you did.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
Yup, I'd rather it be dirty than me scratch it. And I dont care what anyone says..when you wash your car you put scratches in it. It's unavoidable, and in black you can def. see what you did.

+1 nothing better than some washing scratches... i wash mine once every couple weeks in the summer, or before we go to car shows. but winter it mostly lives under a car cover. now my 99 V6, when i had it in HS i used to wash it like, 3 times a week. gotta keep the cool status up.. lol

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
during the summer It gets washed once a week or before cruises/shows. I only drive my car on the weekends so it never gets that dirty.

During the winter the car sits from end of Oct - April.

Come April I wash it with Dawn to get all the wax off and build the base up that way for the season.

drptitan

Established Member
I washed mine twice in the last two years

Wow!! As soon as I get my daily back the Cobra will start seeing alot more car cover time, but for now its my daily. I dont like putting the miles on it and have to worry bout rock chips etc., but I feel I pay all this money to have the car so why not enjoy it.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
i wash mine maybe once every 2 weeks or so .. but wipe it down and detail spray it about every other day to remove dusk particles and what not.

jerseygt01

Established Member
i wash my car about once a week in the summer time, and its a black 2001 gt and it has only a handful of light swirl marks, i guess the secret is a little common sense and keep changing your sponge, works for me, car looks as good as the day i got it, so keep washing away, a clean car is a fast car, and a clean car every1 will envy

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
1-2 a week when the weather is above 50. Right now in PA winters with the cobra being a DD, its about 1 a month if i can get a break in the weather :(

Last edited:

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Twice a week using 2 bucket method etc etc. Its really hard to do when its below 32 degrees, the drying is sometimes impossible because even when I was with warm water, it will freeze on the car before I can dry it.

Users who are viewing this thread