Was Suh's fine justified?

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
This was one of many of :bs: calls this year that have cost the lions wins, not to metions the second time the bears needed to get a :bs: call to beat the lions.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
The NFL suck now. Absolutely terrible! The players know the risks associated with the game, and are compensated extremely well for it. The NFL acts like it's the most dangerous sport in the history of the world. Ever watch bull riding?

They should just switch to flag football now and eliminate full contact all together.

I bet bull riders are MUCH tougher than ANY football player :shrug:

Slow99x

Established Member
I don't know if you guys know WHY the NFL has been so intent on stopping any dangerous contact to the head. There has been a research study that has linked athletes and concussions to ALS ( Lou Gehrig's disease). The findings were recently presented to the NFL because it seemed that players had 15-20 times the diagnised cases of ALS than the general public. This math was figured by how many players and former players per how many cases vs world population/ ALS cases.

Almost all ALS cases had history of head trauma

NFL.com news: Scientists link athletes' head injuries, ALS-like disease

Detroit_Doc

Established Member
What the ****? Not only was that a terrible call in real time, but then to review it and fine him for it, WTF? There was no contact to the head and it was a push with two open palms to the back. I think Suh was doing him a favor with a hard push versus a crushing tackle.

What they didn't like is the fact that Suh is phenominal althlete and super physical and even a push from him looks explosive. Honestly, had any other player on the field delivered the same push (albiet with less explosiveness) it would have never been called.

I guess the NFL expects Suh simple to negotiate with the ball carrier and hope he can convince him with his words to stop running.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
so now the defense cant even push the quarterback down when he runs with the ball, this is why I barely watch the NFL anymore, college is ten times better

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
I don't know if you guys know WHY the NFL has been so intent on stopping any dangerous contact to the head. There has been a research study that has linked athletes and concussions to ALS ( Lou Gehrig's disease). The findings were recently presented to the NFL because it seemed that players had 15-20 times the diagnised cases of ALS than the general public. This math was figured by how many players and former players per how many cases vs world population/ ALS cases.

Almost all ALS cases had history of head trauma

NFL.com news: Scientists link athletes' head injuries, ALS-like disease

I respect your post but every nfl player knows that they will get hit in the head a lot. Its part of the job. My point is, if they do not feel safe playing then get another job like the rest of us. On the other hand, I love football and i dont see why players can not adjust their tackling style. But, its kind of hard to play the game as a defender when the offender controls where his own head goes and it might just make contact with the defenders head. I dont see how nfl officials cant see the differents between a defender going at an offenders head on purpose and just simply trying to make a tackle and the offender is the one who puts his head down. The only true example I can think of a dirty hit this year is mayweather hitting Heap. Twice he left his feet vertically to hit heap in the head in that game.

Last edited:

93lx

Established Member
I'm calling a penalty on the referees and the NFL for excessive penalties, terrible calls, and unnecessary fines.
The reasoning behind the call and the fine is probably because the NFL saw that the Big 12 was having fun screwing over Nebraska so they wanted to get in on the fun and give Suh the shaft. But go bears!

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
The day the NFL manages to regulate all risk out of the sport which is, make no mistake is exactly what they're doing, is the day the sport is pronounced dead. It's already dying under the weight of all the restrictions, hell they need to just stick two offenses and no defenses on the field and which ever one gets more possessions wins, because before long tackling will be illegal. It's getting ridiculous.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
Actually, looking at it again, I've changed my mind. I agree with the two fine gentlemen above who say that call was justified. There's just no place for that sort of thing in football.

Also, I think the following rules should be implemented:

1. Players' hands should be completely covered by cotton or down pillows.
2. No more tackling. Instead a 2-hand touch or flag method should be implemented.
3. No more players over 280 lbs. This is completely unfair to smaller players.
4. Instead of a coin flip to start the game (which could potentially put an eye out), the captains from each team should hold hands and sing kumbaya. The captains singing the loudest and with the most feeling gets the ball first.
5. Fans are no longer allowed to cheer, jeer, or otherwise make disruptive noise. Polite clapping between plays is allowed.
6. Protective foam padding on all surfaces! Also, make sure any outlets have those little plastic inserts.
7. No cleats!
8. No running!

and finally,
9. Points will no longer be scored via touchdowns and field goals. Instead each team with be given yarn and other knitting materials. The team the knits the largest quilt, with the most pretty hearts and flowers on it, before time expires wins.

this post is full of win. and i see this happening in a few years. NFL is getting way to soft. that was not a foul. that was a bad call, but ref made it out of fear. The NFL is going to shit.

BearsFTW18

Established Member
Coming from a Bears fan, no it's not justified at all.

That being said, I can't wait for the Packers to lose the division. :)

Users who are viewing this thread