Was Suh's fine justified?

snake134

Here's the hit from sunday:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw6vxVVXWUM"]YouTube - Suh's Forearm Punch to Cutler[/nomedia]

Did Suh deserve the 15k fine?

here's CJ's catch that was also ruled a drop last game:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Q4tKnfaIY&feature=related"]YouTube - Calvin Johnson ROBBED of a game winning TD. What do you think?[/nomedia]

LaFlavor

Established Member
Lions got jobbed again.

It's like they don't suck enough on their own, now the NFL needs to chip in.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Suh was on ESPN Radio w/Van Pelt yesterday afternoon, he basically said he got hosed on the call without coming out and directly saying so to avoid another fine by the NFL. I think the Lions are a team on the rise, they've been exponentially more competitive this year than in the past 3-4.

Tonka Toy

Established Member
Suh's fine was BS. He pushed Cutler to the ground. He could have tackled him as if he were a running back and probably killed Cutler.

As for CJ's "catch", the rule states you have to maintain control all the way to the ground. If he would have just stood back up with the ball it would have been a touchdown but since he left the ball on the ground they called it incomplete. I think it is BS but that's how the rule reads and they called it correctly.

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member
That wasn't a push that was a punch. The 15k was justified. Rookie getting a dumb 15 yarder up 3 points with towards the end of the forth with the Bears driving. If I was a Lions fan I'd be pissed too.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Unbelievable. Not only a total horse shit call, but turn around and fine him on top of it. Cutler was past the line of scrimmage, it didn't go to his head, and he extended both of his arms pushing him to the ground. Basically he got F'd cus he's big and strong.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Fine is not justified, the penalty was IMO. It really was more of a punch/push than a push, and the refs will call that as unnecessary roughness every time. Especially since he tried to break Delhommes neck in the preseason. I love Suh's game, but he does look like he's going to be a dirty one in this league. This comes from a Rams fan that wanted to draft him...til Bradfords pro day....

White03vert

Slowbra
Established Member
Obviously if they watched it numerous times and called the foul then it is justified... they dont just hand out fines for fun... CJ's catch was total and complete BS... everything on him touched before the ball... also by rule the player is DOWN when his knee touches with contact and the play is dead... so the 2 rules obviously go against each other

LaFlavor

Established Member
Actually, looking at it again, I've changed my mind. I agree with the two fine gentlemen above who say that call was justified. There's just no place for that sort of thing in football.

Also, I think the following rules should be implemented:

1. Players' hands should be completely covered by cotton or down pillows.
2. No more tackling. Instead a 2-hand touch or flag method should be implemented.
3. No more players over 280 lbs. This is completely unfair to smaller players.
4. Instead of a coin flip to start the game (which could potentially put an eye out), the captains from each team should hold hands and sing kumbaya. The captains singing the loudest and with the most feeling gets the ball first.
5. Fans are no longer allowed to cheer, jeer, or otherwise make disruptive noise. Polite clapping between plays is allowed.
6. Protective foam padding on all surfaces! Also, make sure any outlets have those little plastic inserts.
7. No cleats!
8. No running!

and finally,
9. Points will no longer be scored via touchdowns and field goals. Instead each team with be given yarn and other knitting materials. The team the knits the largest quilt, with the most pretty hearts and flowers on it, before time expires wins.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Actually, looking at it again, I've changed my mind. I agree with the two fine gentlemen above who say that call was justified. There's just no place for that sort of thing in football.

2. No more tackling. Instead a 2-hand touch or flag method should be implemented.
4. Instead of a coin flip to start the game (which could potentially put an eye out), the captains from each team should hold hands and sing kumbaya. The captains singing the loudest and with the most feeling gets the ball first.
5. Fans are no longer allowed to cheer, jeer, or otherwise make disruptive noise. Polite clapping between plays is allowed.
6. Protective foam padding on all surfaces! Also, make sure any outlets have those little plastic inserts.
7. No cleats!
8. No running!

and finally,
9. Points will no longer be scored via touchdowns and field goals. Instead each team with be given yarn and other knitting materials. The team the knits the largest quilt, with the most pretty hearts and flowers on it, before time expires wins.

This. Especially #2.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The NFL suck now. Absolutely terrible! The players know the risks associated with the game, and are compensated extremely well for it. The NFL acts like it's the most dangerous sport in the history of the world. Ever watch bull riding?

They should just switch to flag football now and eliminate full contact all together.

Last edited:

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
The play was NOT reviewable and when you watch it at full speed it's impossible to not call that unnecessary roughness. I will say that a fine was completely unjustified when after the game had ended the NFL could have watched the replay and saw that it was NOT a hit to the head but instead a stern PUSH. The NFL is starting this no-BS policy for ALL it's QB's. Be prepared to see many more calls and fines like this from now on. With all that said. Go Bears.

-Mike

SVT2122

Established Member

7. No cleats!
8. No running!

and finally,

I'm not a sports fan in the slightest way, but damn, I laffed. :D

Users who are viewing this thread