Was about to trade in the ST for c C6Z06 when..

bullitt2735

Established Member
Well I have been test driving and looking at 08 C6z's for the past few months and then this absolutely perfect condition, 7800 mile on odo! 03 Black Cobra Vert showed up in San Antonio. One look at the car and I knew I wanted it, once I took it for a test drive I NEEDED it in my driveway. This car is spotless even has the stock good years on it with most of the tread still left!! (Don't worry Discount Tire hooked it up on Black Friday, as well as some goodies from Lethal Performance :) )

20161126_145038_zpswkowrc8g.jpg

20161125_161850_zpsonpy1wfw.jpg

I haven't even detailed the engine yet and this is what it looks like!

I'll post some interior pics later but it is basically new!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! I love to see what it looks like, but your links don't work. :(

bullitt2735

Established Member
Nice find. So what is the UPS guy bringing?
Nothing major for now...just some fresh tires ,cat back, head cooling mod, shifter gasket and an mgw shifter. I also ordered long tubes but I am waiting for BMR to come out with their new tubular K first as I am not doing long tubes with a stock k member again. ( did it the first time with my bullitt, quickly ordered a tubular k after that hell LOL ) I'm probably going to pulley, port the eaton as a Christmas present to myself.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice! Killer find. Super clean and low mileage.
Congrats and enjoy!

Never_Enough

Established Member
Congrats, but how did that get your $ when you were already shopping for a C6Z? Can't say I'd stray & get that instead.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Congrats, but how did that get your $ when you were already shopping for a C6Z? Can't say I'd stray & get that instead.

Honestly I loved all the Z06's I drove but they felt too smooth/composed for lack of a better word. I think I kind of like the feeling of the weak mustang chassis, something more raw/fun about it. The other part was not wanting to deal with the heads, the more I read about them the more annoyed I became. Believe me I was just as surprised after test driving the cobra that I enjoyed it more.

edit: also that my low mile cobra cost 15k less than a 08 with fixed heads and lowerish miles

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Honestly I loved all the Z06's I drove but they felt too smooth/composed for lack of a better word. I think I kind of like the feeling of the weak mustang chassis, something more raw/fun about it. The other part was not wanting to deal with the heads, the more I read about them the more annoyed I became. Believe me I was just as surprised after test driving the cobra that I enjoyed it more.

edit: also that my low mile cobra cost 15k less than a 08 with fixed heads and lowerish miles

Gotta do the dang ol head cam on the vette for it to be fun

Never_Enough

Established Member

Too composed? Did you ever go WOT in a modded one? It will feel like it wants to kill you...because it does. Even more so if you turn off the nannies. ;)

The head thing is overblown on the net + enough of them have the heads fixed that it is not hard to buy one already done.

Blackoyote

Established Member
The head thing is overblown on the net + enough of them have the heads fixed that it is not hard to buy one already done.

I used to think it was a 'sky is falling' thing created by small forums and FB pages of it happening, but I had to postpone buying one so I could get in one right that already had aftermarket heads. Literally 3 different cars I considered buying dropped valves within a month of me considering buying them, and they ranged from 17k miles to 72k miles.

That being said, OP, that's a beautiful Cobra and congrats, but definitely a hard one to go to from looking for a C6Z.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Well a vert Cobra is not the car I would have chosen over a C6Z... I was expecting a GT or Viper.

HA thats what I figured people would think with all the viper threads lately. The car was just to clean to say no to, I can probably keep it for a year and sell it for the same if not more than I paid and still trade it in for the c6z if I want

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah, better now that the pic of your Cobra is working. Good looking car. And you have some nice mods planned. ;)

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Congrats on the low mileage Cobra! I've driven my fair share of C6Z's, stock and highly modified...Can't think of a reason why I would pick a Termi aside from price. Sounds like you made a good investment. Have fun modding!!

bullitt2735

Established Member
Too composed? Did you ever go WOT in a modded one? It will feel like it wants to kill you...because it does. Even more so if you turn off the nannies. ;)

I should of phrased it differently I guess, I definitely went WOT in them lol To me it felt the corvette was very uneventful at up to 7/10 not much "drama" or excitement in the chassis but then after that it got VERY excited/intimidating/lively but at that point I would be going well past safe street speeds. ( I don't mind a pull or two on the street every once in a while though) The cobra just felt more lively at its 6/10 to me. Keep in mind this will be my daily so having more fun at 6/10 is more important than at the limit. I still will probably be picking up a c6z or a used c7 GS once they come down in a year or two but I just couldn't say no to this clean of a cobra.

Sidenote: I've always loved your Z06 man, its beautiful, can't believe your selling it

Users who are viewing this thread