warranty limitations

BCPD199

Established Member
If your dealer says they will cover a modification, get it in writing. Ford has the final word on coverage and can override what the dealer tells you.
+1.

Ultimately, when an item fails, your dealer does the repair and submits a warranty claim to Ford. Ford then re-imburses the dealer for the part(s) and labor. For the most part, dealers want to keep their customers happy and fix whatever breaks on their cars. I don't think the dealer looks for ways to get out of repairing it. After all, they are getting paid (just by Ford, instead of you). And yes, the warranty labor rate is a little less; but, at the end of the day they make money and it keeps the service department busy. The problem arises when something breaks and there's the chance Ford is not going to re-imburse the dealer. Let's be honest here, if you grenade your '13 662 hsp engine due to an aftermarket tune that was a tad too lean, whose fault is that? It's yours and why should/would Ford pay to repair it. Also, your dealer can be as mod friendly as they come; but, I guarantee the minute they try to get authorization to replace a blown engine in a GT500, Ford will deny it until a Ford Rep inspects the vehicle, engine, any aftermarket parts, etc. to ensure they're not paying for someone elses mistake. Just be prepared to pay if you want to play.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
well said.

+1.

Ultimately, when an item fails, your dealer does the repair and submits a warranty claim to Ford. Ford then re-imburses the dealer for the part(s) and labor. For the most part, dealers want to keep their customers happy and fix whatever breaks on their cars. I don't think the dealer looks for ways to get out of repairing it. After all, they are getting paid (just by Ford, instead of you). And yes, the warranty labor rate is a little less; but, at the end of the day they make money and it keeps the service department busy. The problem arises when something breaks and there's the chance Ford is not going to re-imburse the dealer. Let's be honest here, if you grenade your '13 662 hsp engine due to an aftermarket tune that was a tad too lean, whose fault is that? It's yours and why should/would Ford pay to repair it. Also, your dealer can be as mod friendly as they come; but, I guarantee the minute they try to get authorization to replace a blown engine in a GT500, Ford will deny it until a Ford Rep inspects the vehicle, engine, any aftermarket parts, etc. to ensure they're not paying for someone elses mistake. Just be prepared to pay if you want to play.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
+1.

/thread

:beer:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Heavy flow I'm guessing
You should edit this and then go read the rule about insults outside of smackdown. You have an issue with me that requires this kind of shit take it up there if you have the stones.

cclark

Established Member
I thought it was funny :shrug:

Relax there guy, no one has any issues, just playing around, sheesh. :nonono:

SirJAG

Established Member
^ it was funny, this guy clearly has issues...was reading a number of post of his...wow...

cclark

Established Member
^^ lol ok good glad someone else thought it was!! He really does, I've noticed that too by reading/seeing his posts in multiple threads. He always has the crappiest, most negative attitude and like you said aggressive posts towards anyone who states anything different than what he believes. And the minute someone pokes fun or calls him out on it he acts like some billy the bad ass and gets his little feelings hurt.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Ok, ok. SD if you must but lets keep the discourse here civil.

Keep it on topic, please.

mullens

Established Member
I've always had the mindset that if you play you pay. I have played with multiple vehicles, including my GT500's. Luckily I never got burned. Maybe because I've always stayed on the conservative side with mods. But, if my motor went bye bye because of something I did, I had the funds to make it right. Cars come and go, but at the end of the day all you have is your integrity.

Users who are viewing this thread