warranty limitations

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Just wondering what can be done mod wise before the warranty is void. Just an intake? LOL ok don't get me wrong there is more than enough power on tap but I already want more :) I really like the comfort of knowing I have a warranty so just wondering what we can get away with

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
the basic suspension mods is about the only thing that you can change and not worry about taking a hit on a warranty claim. Power wise just about anything you do requires a new tune and that alone will cause you difficulty.

if you are the honest type go talk to your dealer and ask them about how they feel about mods to your car and the warranty. some service depts are more mod friendly than others.

or you can take the route of the dishonest liar that takes parts off his car and puts the original stuff back on before going to ask for warranty service.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I spoke with a local dealer's Service Mgr, and SVT Tech as we looked over a friends New '13. The list:

Hood Struts: Check
FR Resonator Delete: Check
Airaid Blue Filter: Check
3.55 or 3.73 Gears: Check, if they install them
Suspension: Should be OK ..
Tune / TB : Now they we're wobbling, said it "depends on the warranty issue"
Probably forgot something.....

13GT500SG

Established Member
Be the dishonest type. They will try anything so they dont have to repair under warranty. Even with the car being bone stock.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I have modded my cars and never had any issues with my dealerships. Just go with a mod-friendly dealer. And don't they have to prove the aftermarket part is the cause of the failure under the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Be the dishonest type. They will try anything so they dont have to repair under warranty. Even with the car being bone stock.
remind me to never do any business with you nor recommend anyone else do business with you

I have modded my cars and never had any issues with my dealerships. Just go with a mod-friendly dealer. And don't they have to prove the aftermarket part is the cause of the failure under the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act?
yes they do but a tune for example will void the entire warrany from engine to drive train.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
If your dealer says they will cover a modification, get it in writing. Ford has the final word on coverage and can override what the dealer tells you.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

Serious? I think it was your conduct that got you in the situation that you were in. Since your rant multiple people have had their clutch repaired under warranty. Enough with the diarreah of the mouth. Be dishonest. Awesome advice.

OP talk with your servicing dealer and see what is acceptable. If they install FRPP parts for you- they'll also warranty it. Make it a win win for them

Last edited:

TJR12

TJR12
Established Member

Really? Great idea, encourage dishonesty, put it in writing, and somehow think other people have no integrity or sense of ethics? Just plain stupid. Count me as another person who would never do business with you or pay any attention to anything you ever post.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I agree with what most have said on here, but on the flip side, don't act like dealerships arn't dishonest too. Dealerships, Lawyers, and Military recruiters all learn from the same playbook. lol

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I agree with what most have said on here, but on the flip side, don't act like dealerships arn't dishonest too. Dealerships, Lawyers, and Military recruiters all learn from the same playbook. lol
and of course that totally excuses you from being honest in your business dealings :bored: :rollseyes

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
remind me to never do any business with you nor recommend anyone else do business with you

yes they do but a tune for example will void the entire warrany from engine to drive train.

Yes they do have to prove it but it won’t happen outside count. The moss deal is only good when you have a endless amount of cash on hand a good legal team LOL! Kind of like all other laws ;) but do not do anything to your car unless your dealer is really cool with you and your ok with one day possibly shelling out the $$$$ to fix what ever goes wrong. And this has been my personal experience with my dealer/ford:bash:

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Yes they do have to prove it but it won’t happen outside count. The moss deal is only good when you have a endless amount of cash on hand a good legal team LOL! Kind of like all other laws ;) but do not do anything to your car unless your dealer is really cool with you and your ok with one day possibly shelling out the $$$$ to fix what ever goes wrong. And this has been my personal experience with my dealer/ford:bash:

You are right and that is what many people don't get. The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act is like Mike Tyson's Punch Out Little Mac Vs Mike Tyson You Vs HUGE Dealership Your resources Vs Theirs.

It's nice it's there, but the trouble to go through with it......

Users who are viewing this thread