Warranty and aftermarket shifters

badvenom101

Established Member
I asked the local svt the same question and they told me that
if i did that they would void the warranty on my trans..

but is seems to me they will void your warranty if you use the wrong kinda wax on your car:cuss:

do what you want dont worry about he warranty

good kuck :beer:

Hunter6

Established Member
Yeah, I am trying to save the warranty. As many problems as these cars have!:beer:

D-Cobra

Established Member
well... being the A holes that they are, they're gonna try to void your warranty.

but the law clearly stated that the manufacture can only void your warranty on a certain portion of your vehicle only when the failure is caused by the aftermarket part installed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by D-Cobra
well... being the A holes that they are, they're gonna try to void your warranty.

but the law clearly stated that the manufacture can only void your warranty on a certain portion of your vehicle only when the failure is caused by the aftermarket part installed.
That is the truth. I remember early on asking my dealer if a shifter would affect the warrantee. He said emphatically 'NO'. So a lot depends, too, on your dealer.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I put the MGW handle on my stock shifter. The stock handle is surrounded by rubber which gives the mushy feel. The MGW handle using the smaller rubber washers that come with it gives a more solid feel. You can hear and feel the shifter go into gear. Not as good as an aftermarket shifter which guides you into third better but I don't see how Ford could possibly void a warranty for using it and it does feel better than stock. Anyone who is worried about their warranty may want to try the MGW handle. It is adjustable and I set it about an inch closer to me so I don't hit the radio when I go into third. 5th is easier to reach also.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
It always makes me laugh when dealers talk this shit. I mean you are replacing an inferior part with a superior one. Oh well, I love my Pro 5.0 and if the tranny goes, I'll just put the stock one back on.

Hunter6

Established Member
I think the tranny went...and that's what I am doing. By the way, I am never going to buy a Ford again. I love the car but it is a serious POS!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread