Warning to people buying parts....

xtremekustomz

Established Member
Just a heads up, I just got my car back from the tuner and he told me a few things that dissapointed me alittle. The only 2 parts that i am having problems with are the ones I bought off of here from seperate members. Know im not accusing anyone of anything but it pissed me off alittle that when i tried to save alittle money and bought used (maf,TB) both items have issues. The Maf is all f**ked and doesnt read right so it makes the car impossible to tune and the TB doesnt close properly so it high idles. I would not be surprised if some people on here get rid of parts that have issues and dont say anything. So my word of advice if you buy stuff here check it out right away to make sure its not f***ed.

Rant over!!!!

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Buying used is always buyer beware. If you bought a SBTB, those can be tricky to tune and adjust, possibly even something as simple as overtightening the TB on install (the SB's seem to be really sensitive to this) .. that would be on tuners or installers end. I really try to avoid buying used electronics , not to mention after the delicate stuff get's tossed around through UPS and whatnot.

Last edited:

shb5007

Established Member
Buying used is always buyer beware. If you bought a SBTB, those can be tricky to tune and adjust, possibly even something as simple as overtightening the TB on install (the SB's seem to be really sensitive to this) .. that would be on tuners or installers end. I really try to avoid buying used electronics , not to mention after the delicate stuff get's tossed around through UPS and whatnot.

This exactly.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member

This again.

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
Not trying to argue with you about your parts having issues etc. But personally I would try another tuner or at least seek another's opinion. Your issue sounds more like a tuning/install issue. Before you buy new parts I would recommend you seek another's opinion. Good luck with your problem.

racebronco2

Established Member
As far as the tb goes i had one well lknown tuner who could not get the idle down below 1300rpms and could not get the car go closed loop, took it to a friend of mine whom hasn't tuned alot of cars and he was able to fix all my problems.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Anything electronic is not guaranteed, new or used. But it is true, some people buy a used part that's crap, turns around, and resales it. Then that pos part is in the svt community going from car to car. Some TB's can have those issues, BBK is notorious, but usually it's something simple that can be adjusted. If they both can't be resolved, i would't hesitate to contact the person you bought them from.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
fyi if you dont have a return spring (2 in some cases) then it will idle high as it will not shut completely. This happened on my billetflow t.b. but I just left it like that (around 1k rpm) bc the higher idle made the car sound more beastly at idle.

xtremekustomz

Established Member
Well the maf signals where all over the place...replaced it with a new maf ran 10times better. Now the SBTB do have problems with tuning but my tuner is pretty good and has tuned all my cars and friends cars and never had any issues. I am ordering a new SBTB and going to see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread