Warning ticket

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Looking at his post count, he pulled it outta his butt......

Blown38

Established Member
B38, was it a state trooper or a local pd/sheriff? The State Police hasn't had written warnings as long as I can remember.

I'm pretty sure it was an county cop, thanks.

We were going to import vs domestic at MIR and we all spun tires leaving the dealership where we met. Dude was nuts, he come around 2 of us on a twisty road.:eek: Couple of guys took off on a side road, I just cruised and pulled over when he got up to me. And he was cool about it.:)

bones302

Established Member
Really? Where did you come up with this one?
I've pulled worse things out of my nether regions....

I was in emergency services for over 10 years and worked with county and state agencies during that time. Understand that officers are always "on-duty" but standing policy (at least a couple of years ago) was that VTL enforcement can only be performed by uniformed officers (didn't matter if they had marked or unmarked units). there was an issue in NY a few years back with carjackers using fake badges and red lights to pull people over. county and state agencies issued releases that if you are pulled over by a non-uniformed officer, you are not obliged to stop and should call 911.

Like I said, that was about a couple of years ago, but I doubt that policy has changed.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I've pulled worse things out of my nether regions....

I was in emergency services for over 10 years and worked with county and state agencies during that time. Understand that officers are always "on-duty" but standing policy (at least a couple of years ago) was that VTL enforcement can only be performed by uniformed officers (didn't matter if they had marked or unmarked units). there was an issue in NY a few years back with carjackers using fake badges and red lights to pull people over. county and state agencies issued releases that if you are pulled over by a non-uniformed officer, you are not obliged to stop and should call 911.

Like I said, that was about a couple of years ago, but I doubt that policy has changed.

I checked with my cousins who are both retired NYPD (one ESU Lt. and one SGT.) both said they can write a ticket on or off duty and never had a policy otherwise.

FiaCobra

Established Member
I checked with my cousins who are both retired NYPD (one ESU Lt. and one SGT.) both said they can write a ticket on or off duty and never had a policy otherwise.

I'm going to agree with Bones on this one. While an off duty or unmarked can legally write a summons, it's common knowledge in NY that if an unmarked attempts to pull you over, you should drive directly to the nearest police precinct due to the recent rash of crimes purportrated by those acting like law enforcement officers. A famous case involves a banker pulling over for an unmarked car, only to be shot and robbed.
In Memory of James Gottlieb

women_unmarked_police_cars_and_traffic_stops

This is current policy with some agencies in NY.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I'm going to agree with Bones on this one. While an off duty or unmarked can legally write a summons, it's common knowledge in NY that if an unmarked attempts to pull you over, you should drive directly to the nearest police precinct due to the recent rash of crimes purportrated by those acting like law enforcement officers. A famous case involves a banker pulling over for an unmarked car, only to be shot and robbed.
In Memory of James Gottlieb

women_unmarked_police_cars_and_traffic_stops

This is current policy with some agencies in NY.

Please post which agencies and a link to that policy.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Please post which agencies and a link to that policy.

i actually do personally remember exactly what he is talking about.. idk how that has anything to do with our subject lol.. but yes in ny you are supposed to drive to the closest Office or find a MARKED officer.. (or just call 911 and verify) this was o god 8 years ago though and to this day in BINGHAMTON ny that policy is still true in nyc that may be different as they have many different laws that vary from those of the rest of the state

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
I am not familiar with a policy stating this but I am aware of the Blue Light Bandit. There has never been a policy/general order or free pass with any PD in NC.However drivers were advised to put on your flashers, slow down and pull into a lighted/populated area IF they felt it was not a legit LEO.
This could also be borderline fail to heed or felony flee to elude.

Users who are viewing this thread