Wanted to Introduce Myself

Wildcard

Established Member
Here what I have so far....

You can see in it that around 5000- something went wrong.
hp just flat lined, and the hp curve never got past the torque curve...
you can also see that the torque curve also turns down and falters.
So with the curves stunted we got 563 rwhp and 604 ft/lbs of tq. on 9 psi--- and there's
a lot more hp left at that Psi level. If we hit it with 9 I'll leave it at 9.

We were wondering what went wrong, as extra timing, or more boost had no change...
As we couldn't fix the anomaly. The boost controller was set first at 10 psi and then 12 psi, but we would never see higher than 9 psi.
After taking it back to Accufab the culprit was the valve lift,
as the pressure inside the motors was lifting the valves off
and letting the boost out at 9 psi.
Now with the new valve springs installed we should see the finishing of
the torque curve and hp curve that rises above the torque line...
Plus with everything running right will push it to 6500 rpm instead of letting off at 6000 rpm.

Last edited:

Wildcard

Established Member
thats a 5.0 stroker motor tho. he has a stock cube motor

who knows tho, he is running 10:1 cr.

Skeptism is natural and I take no offense... John himself told me no other cobra motor he knows of other than his own is running those numbers on 9 psi.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Nice looking car. You'll have to bring that down to San Diego sometime after I get back. I know the guys in my club would drool over it.

Wildcard

Established Member
Thanks, It was about 3 years of work... trial and tribulation, The motor

(this motor) was 1 year of waiting... When you want an active race team to build you a motor it takes a long time.... :read:

Wildcard

Established Member
nice ride , you should run it at the salt flats sometime

I don't know about Salt Flats... when I was at Westech they were talking about racing their S2000 (which is set up for the Salt Flats), and they told me its pretty terrifying because you are doing that speed on "salt", so if I did anything it would probably be at Silver State, but there you have run 150 mph for a couple of years before you get up to the 200 mph class. And I'm pretty sure among a whole list of things that I would need to upgrade would also be a larger fuel tank as I'm pretty sure I'd run out of gas if I tried it with the stock tank.

slo984now "Nice looking car. You'll have to bring that down to San Diego sometime after I get back. I know the guys in my club would drool over it."

I'd love to, just after we get it tuned It's getting new 20x10 wheels at all four corners and new wider front fenders. So after that's all done I'd love to show up... I'm also probably going to hit some of the shows up in the area as time allows.

Last edited:

Wildcard

Established Member
Wow, pretty serious ride ya got there... Impressive.

Thanks! It was a lot of work and almost a year of getting all of the bugs worked out- Once the motor and trans went in the rolling chasis.
brakes... Turbo... Sound system... Etc. Etc. But I'm glad that it's running now and reliable. I don't think I'll be building another custom car after this. Since everything was custom the fabrication, refabrication and then more rebabrication was killer. I don't think I could do this again.

On your car those are some nice numbers are you running a whipple or Kenne bell?

Last edited:

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Thanks! It was a lot of work and almost a year of getting all of the bugs worked out- Once the motor and trans went in the rolling chasis.
brakes... Turbo... Sound system... Etc. Etc. But I'm glad that it's running now and reliable. I don't think I'll be building another custom car after this. Since everything was custom the fabrication, refabrication and then more rebabrication was killer. I don't think I could do this again.

On your car those are some nice numbers are you running a whipple or Kenne bell?

Yeah no kidding, my little Eaton swap project was nothing compared to what you have done, and that was more than enough work for me!

And actually, I'm not running a Whipple, or a KB. Just the stock Eaton off of an 03 Cobra. Swapped over the whole blower assembly from an 03 Cobra. :beer:

Wildcard

Established Member
Yeah no kidding, my little Eaton swap project was nothing compared to what you have done, and that was more than enough work for me!

And actually, I'm not running a Whipple, or a KB. Just the stock Eaton off of an 03 Cobra. Swapped over the whole blower assembly from an 03 Cobra. :beer:

Wow! Those are good numbers for an M-112. Did you fabricate plates inorder to get it to fit, and what pulley/boost are you running. I used to run the smaller saleen style blower on my Gt. I think it was called the M-90. Great blower for street light to light driving. Amazing torque... I went through a lot of tires on that setup.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Wow! Those are good numbers for an M-112. Did you fabricate plates inorder to get it to fit, and what pulley/boost are you running. I used to run the smaller saleen style blower on my Gt. I think it was called the M-90. Great blower for street light to light driving. Amazing torque... I went through a lot of tires on that setup.

Nope, everything actually swaps right over. I put on the 03 Cobra timing cover to run 2 seperate belt drives, then you just bolt on the 03 Cobra lower intake and the blower (and a lot of other stuff, but thats the big stuff). Basically, I have everything the 03 Cobra has, minus the good lower end and the iron block, and also the heads and cams. Other than that, my car has all the 03 stuff on it engine/blower wise.

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
you have an awsome car brother. is there any info you dont mind giving out on that brake setup you got. its pretty badass. turbo ftw, i wish i had your motor. i know my big ass turbo would see full boost alot sooner. i guess that what nitrous is for.......... or maybe a th-400

V-Sicks

Established Member
you have an awsome car brother. is there any info you dont mind giving out on that brake setup you got. its pretty badass. turbo ftw, i wish i had your motor. i know my big ass turbo would see full boost alot sooner. i guess that what nitrous is for.......... or maybe a th-400

x2 i want some info on the brake set up

Users who are viewing this thread