Wanted to Introduce Myself

Wildcard

Established Member
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself since I haven't posted on this forum in years and have recently started reading posts and commenting. It seems everyone here knows each other, so I wanted to introduce myself... So hi :beer:

2001asp

Established Member
Your car might be a little to slow to be posting up on this forum, but welcome anyway....lol Your Cobra seems to be strong, so have you got any vids and what does Vader run in the 1/4?

Wildcard

Established Member
Your car might be a little to slow to be posting up on this forum, but welcome anyway....lol Your Cobra seems to be strong, so have you got any vids and what does Vader run in the 1/4?

HAHA! Yah, I just needed something to get me to the store and back :lol1:

here's a couple of pics that I like

and here's a link to my gallery, just click on the picture and then click on the "See more pictures from this user"

Last edited:

Wildcard

Established Member
Your Cobra seems to be strong, so have you got any vids and what does Vader run in the 1/4?

Sorry haven't taken videos yet and doubt I'll take it to the 1/4 mile... if I could find a mile anywhere I'd love to take it up to 200mph on the appropriate tires... It was basically designed to be a top speed runner for nice long straights, but if the tire selection and suspension was changed around it would do some pretty low numbers on the track with the right driver behind the wheel. :beer:

Wildcard

Established Member
No, My compression ratios high, and the entire engine was built with this turbo in mind, so timing, camshafts, turbo tubes, the porting of the heads, the valve job etc. was all meant to get the turbo up to speed. But its not just an average 76 mm it's got an extra big housing... so it's about the size of a basketball, as its the largest turbo in the T-4 family that Turbonetics offer, the big Super T-76 mm turbo... Since the Turbo is Ceramic Ball Bearing so it spools up real quick.

Remember the Accufab racer runs two of these off of a 281 ci. engine. And I think last time I was out at the races they ran 6.25s in the 1/4 mile. :beer:

Last edited:

Wildcard

Established Member
Actually they run an air controlled transmission.

I should be running around 700 at low boost... with more octane you can push it as far as you would like, but I don't really see the need in any more hp.

Last edited:

Wildcard

Established Member
10:1... No I switched over the return style... Fore Fuel hat... Twin Walbro GSS342's, CPR Rails, and -8 AN lines to and from the motor.

Low boost is below 12 psi in my opinion... but I know you'll want to see dyno numbers if i tell you specifics... I'm set to go back on the dyno at Westech in a couple of weeks as we had to fix a boost problem... as we had valve lift... messing things up. So at 5 grand the hp just flat lined. So now that we got that problem fixed were just in line for the dyno.:beer:

Last edited:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
jesus 10:1!!

is this a .020 motor with just forged shortblock and ported heads w/ stock cams?

I already want to see a dyno sheet if your claiming 700rwhp on 12 psi...

Wildcard

Established Member
Side note... you're lucky to live in Raliegh-Durham... That's the nicest place I've ever been!

Wildcard

Established Member
jesus 10:1!!

is this a .020 motor with just forged shortblock and ported heads w/ stock cams?

I already want to see a dyno sheet if your claiming 700rwhp on 12 psi...

As soon as I get it I'll be more than happy to post it. :beer:

Well its more than just a normal shortbock... It's the exact same short block that goes in the Accufab racer, built by Accufab racing with the up to date technology and innovation that they use in their motor. Pistons are from their race cars as well as the crank and rods. The only thing different is they're running a filled block, with a dry sump, and different heads... they're running B heads. So it has a lot of racing heritage behind it...

Last edited:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Side note... you're lucky to live in Raliegh-Durham... That's the nicest place I've ever been!

yea, I like it here. Lots of cars to play with to.

Im sure the motor itself has some good parts in it, im just curious to see how it made 700rwhp on 12psi. Never heard/seen that before and Ive been around a couple of single cobras.

Im not doubting it can make 700, just on 12psi?

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
My friends VT 5.0L stroker made 620 on 10psi with a D1SC. With a turbo and 2 more pounds, no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread