Want to lower my '04 Cobra

CobraKurt

Hi everyone. I’m an original owner of 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra, purchased August 2004. With the car being a “Classic” this year, I’m considering doing some improvements / modifications to it. At this point, the most likely one is .. lowering the car, using .. lowering springs. One aspect of the car which detracts from its appearance is the .. “tall” / large gaps in the wheel-wells.

I understand that one can buy .. lowering springs, and lower the stance of the car / tighten up the wheel wells. So, the question then becomes, “how low do you go?”

I’m seeking feedback / thoughts from those who have lowered their cars, and/or have seen lowered cars at auto shows, etc. What would be a good .. “height” to obtain? And/or spring-type to install?

If you have pictures to accompany your suggestions, all the better. Thanks in advance! // Oh, I read a thread already on lowering the car. What does is ISO an acronym / stand for?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hi everyone. I’m an original owner of 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra, purchased August 2004. With the car being a “Classic” this year, I’m considering doing some improvements / modifications to it. At this point, the most likely one is .. lowering the car, using .. lowering springs. One aspect of the car which detracts from its appearance is the .. “tall” / large gaps in the wheel-wells.

I understand that one can buy .. lowering springs, and lower the stance of the car / tighten up the wheel wells. So, the question then becomes, “how low do you go?”

I’m seeking feedback / thoughts from those who have lowered their cars, and/or have seen lowered cars at auto shows, etc. What would be a good .. “height” to obtain? And/or spring-type to install?

If you have pictures to accompany your suggestions, all the better. Thanks in advance! // Oh, I read a thread already on lowering the car. What does is ISO an acronym / stand for?
In Search Of......but while we are on acronyms TERMI is not short for Terminator. It's short for OP is ISO Enlightenment. Happy Hunting! Welcome to the forum!

Also ISO could in this case be related to ISO's which are above and below the spring.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would suggest H&R Race springs and Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates. The race springs don't have as much of a drop as the sport springs and the ride is still pretty decent.

stangfreak

Established Member
Im glad I got the steeda sport springs before they discontinued them. Its the perfect height. Never bottom out. Not too low. stance is perfect. That was the spring mustang magic told me to do and they could not keep them in stock back in the day. sold like crazy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would suggest H&R Race springs and Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates. The race springs don't have as much of a drop as the sport springs and the ride is still pretty decent.
This! Buy these and call it a day. You'll be happy with the drop. Pretty much just enough for the average Cobra owner. The stock spring wheel-well gap is horrible.

I'm just shocked you're looking to lower your Cobra after all these years owning it. What does being designated a "Classic" car have to do with lowering it, or doing mods now? I'm confused.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
very best way is coil overs, front and back, small incremental adjustments are possible to get "just right"

Users who are viewing this thread