WANT to KNOW A DECENT UCA>.

kona12

Established Member
Heard of the whiteline not holding up. Wanted to know if any other decent ones on the market that"ll do the job.Wondering how the Hotchkis holds up

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
As far as I know the new whiteline isn't out yet. Still waiting on them to let me know when they are shipping them out. I'm about to break down and buy a BMR myself.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Go with the steeda uca and mount its strong and doesn't have to be greased like the others! And it comes with thrust washers, which are essential for the long life of your uca bushing!

Last edited:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
BMR FTW. Bitch is stout and does the job well. BMR upper and BMR lowers. Can't go wrong.

BMR Tech

Go with the steeda uca and mount its strong and doesn't have to be greased like the others! And it comes with thrust washers, which are essential for the long life of your uca bushing!

Ours is also strong. If someone did not want to grease our bushings, that is their choice. We provide a grease fitting, so they can - and likely they will, because at some point or another, polyurethane tends to make noise.

I would bet that their instructions state to lubricate the bushings with grease prior to installation. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

If you do that, and 7,912 miles later it squeaks - guess what you have to do, to make it stop? Remove the UCA - that is no fun, atleast in my opinion. This may not happen often, but it does happen - that is 100% fact.

We all use some sort of polyurethane. Poly itself does not squeak, it is the friction which emits a high frequency vibration - that can be heard.

I do not think the Steeda pieces are bad, they are a great choice....and I am not claiming ours are better due to grease fittings - but simply basing the choice of an UCA on grease, or no grease fittings, is a little silly in my honest opinion.

As for strength, I can confidently state that I do not think there is any other UCA with a Poly bushing on the market, stronger than ours. I also feel that way about the Upper Mount. I am not saying ours is stronger than the Steeda unit - but the Steeda unit is not stronger than the BMR Piece. :beer:

Ratchet

Established Member
BMR here. Came from a rapidly breaking whiteline upper. Have they finished the redesign on the new one yet?

nonliberal

Established Member
I have the Steeda, but if I were to buy again I would buy the BMR. Main reason is customer service is outstanding. Kelly has been helping me adjust my UCA and suspension even knowing that it's a steeda unit installed. BMR will be my choice from now on for all my suspension needs.

BMR Tech

I would also like to point out, I really do like the fact that Steeda uses the thrust washer. I meant to reply to that, but I simply forgot.

The thrust washer with their design is the way to go.

We originally released our UCA with a 3-Piece design, and even with a thrust washer - it would not hold up on most higher powered applications.

Bushing_Smaller.jpg

Not all designs need a thrust washer. We chose to design the bushing in a fashion that makes it very strong, with the ability to articulate, without a thrust washer.

If we ever discover that our design needs a thrust washer, then, we will design it with one. Until then, we do not see the need to use one with our design(s).

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Established Member
You can check out this article that we did on Control Arms:

Not All Control Arms Are Created Equal « Steeda Blog

You will not be disappointed in Steeda's customer service. It is something we take very seriously and we have many racers on the sales floor ... any help you need ... we have someone that can cover it.

Let me know if I can help you out with a set ... you can reach me at [email protected].

You can check them out here: Ford Mustang Control Arms - Made in the USA - Free Shipping!

Best Regards,

TJ

kona12

Established Member
I guess BMR is a favorite here my concern is the noise on Bushing Im anal at times and hate annoying sounds. Another question is you guys are talking about the adjustable UCA correct ,Just curious when mounting how do you know how do you adjust for proper fitment,whats the adjustment for

WHITELINE

Established Member
WHITELINE UCA dropping in a few days, they were dropped off at powdercoat earlier this week. I'll try to update everyone with images within the next 48 hours.

Its funny this whole scenario has showed not just us but many others the characteristics of a quality company. This has been a humbling experience and we look forward to many years of innovation. Perhaps we should write a tested to destruction blog one day or results from metallurgy x-rays. Who knows..... :)

Users who are viewing this thread