want to go automatic ?

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Reason being, I hurt my back in May it has not been the same while. I push on the clutch I I can feel it in my back. Still to this day, I'd hate to sell to cause of this.
I been looking at my a Summit catalog. In the newest one on page 200 .I see a PA 4R70W PN# PMA-PASS45103 Its says for Ford 5.0L / Coyote .will this work on my 03 Cobra , I don't see a listing for a 4.6L ?
It also says it has a smart shift transmission Controller. Am guessing there's no need for a Mach1 PCM ? Just need to know if the Bell housings are the same ?
I will need to get an. Automatic shifter I rather have it stock looking as possible .
If it will work I will do it the kit comes complete $4200.00.
I would sell my all my. T56 I stuff to offset. Some of the cost . Thanks.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
You should try to get the 4r100 out of a lightning they could handle the abuse more. Also if you like shifting autos get a manual valve body.

When you decide to sell the T56 let me know thanks

cobra=trouble

Established Member
What about a 5.4 truck transmission 4R75W .same bell? I think I can get it for about 300 bucks. I did see a Lightning complete Drivetrain on C/L . Not sure if he separate it.
Ok will let you know.Thanks

cobra=trouble

Established Member
The 4R75W trans was sold. So if I get any 4.6 V8 transmission and all automatic parts etc. I can get a Baumannator TCU to control the transmission. Without modification to my wiring harness correct? I think I read somewhere about haven to use a speed cal for the odometer to make it correct?
Any help would greatly be appreciated Thanks.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I have a possible trade in the the works maybe will a stock mach1 trans say with 48K miles on it.would it have to be built to handle my amount of power. I should have more by friday getting it final tuned got big bore 305 cu.in now boss 50 block should have reallu close to 700/620 I think?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
From what I see you want a 4r70w or 4r75w. They are supposed to handle some power in stock form (70 stands for 700ft lbs and 75 for 750) but for how long I don't know

You can get one of those Bauman controllers and it will shift for you. Just put it in D and go. If you would rather still shift your own gears the Trans will need a new valve body.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
HTML:
From what I see you want a 4r70w or 4r75w. They are supposed to handle some power in stock form (70 stands for 700ft lbs and 75 for 750) but for how long I don't know

You can get one of those Bauman controllers and it will shift for you. Just put it in D and go. If you would rather still shift your own gears the Trans will need a new valve body.
I just want to get in and go. Ready dont even need a stall. Stock converter should be okay? I dont race race it. My KB has lotz of tq. Down low.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Then you either want to swap to an auto Mach 1 PCM or a Bauman controller to shift it for you. A stock converter would make the car a dog when you did want to get on it no matter how much power you make. You'll still want a custom converter IMO especially after going through all of this

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Then you either want to swap to an auto Mach 1 PCM or a Bauman controller to shift it for you. A stock converter would make the car a dog when you did want to get on it no matter how much power you make. You'll still want a custom converter IMO especially after going through all of this
thanks for the reply. Yes I want to shift and go.and have wot shifts while floored . I dont Race .will only time 1 just for a time. I have a boss50 block the 3.700 bore .I should be around 660-680 rwhp tq. Should be 600-640 my guess with 16.5 psi of boost 18 psi will be getting boarder line on pump gas.93.
I like the idea I can pick up a u pull it core for less than 200 bucks..ford has the new remans for 850.00 I was told. But I will have to find a 4R75W core which I think they have.
Get new converter I head the Mach 1 factory ones where good I dont need a trans brake.not a manual VB ..just tbe Baumannator. To make it shift correct.
Also but not last.....am Getting my Cobra tuned this Friday. If I do the automatic later will I need a Retune?
I just have bad lower lumber and bad knees and hips. Want if any is the flash stall on stock mach1 converter? I have zero traction now anyway
My spec3 plus is to dam jerky for my liking...Please Help!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
thanks for the reply. Yes I want to shift and go.and have wot shifts while floored . I dont Race .will only time 1 just for a time. I have a boss50 block the 3.700 bore .I should be around 660-680 rwhp tq. Should be 600-640 my guess with 16.5 psi of boost 18 psi will be getting boarder line on pump gas.93.
I like the idea I can pick up a u pull it core for less than 200 bucks..ford has the new remans for 850.00 I was told. But I will have to find a 4R75W core which I think they have.
Get new converter I head the Mach 1 factory ones where good I dont need a trans brake.not a manual VB ..just tbe Baumannator. To make it shift correct.
Also but not last.....am Getting my Cobra tuned this Friday. If I do the automatic later will I need a Retune?
I just have bad lower lumber and bad knees and hips. Want if any is the flash stall on stock mach1 converter? I have zero traction now anyway
My spec3 plus is to dam jerky for my liking...Please Help!

The problem is the Mach 1 converter is built for a 280rwhp car....not 680. It just wont work well....if at all. You will need a converter company to make you one.

You dont need a trans brake or a manual vb, just the bauman controller.

Your tune will most likely need tweaking. there are other things that need to be changed beside a/f when going to an auto. I owuld just wait on the tune and get the auto done and save yourself some cash

cobra=trouble

Established Member
The problem is the Mach 1 converter is built for a 280rwhp car....not 680. It just wont work well....if at all. You will need a converter company to make you one.

You dont need a trans brake or a manual vb, just the bauman controller.

Your tune will most likely need tweaking. there are other things that need to be changed beside a/f when going to an auto. I owuld just wait on the tune and get the auto done and save yourself some cash
Thanks for the info. I heard somewhere about a PI converter? But said it stalled on the high side..are they talking about the police interceptor?
So do I really the the 75 ? Mean it will havs a warranty. But will go out year wise not mileage.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I heard somewhere about a PI converter? But said it stalled on the high side..are they talking about the police interceptor?
So do I really the the 75 ? Mean it will havs a warranty. But will go out year wise not mileage.

PI is Precision Industries......a converter can be built to stall at any rpm

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Performance Automatic Mustang 5.0L Coyote 4R70w Street Smart Transmission Kit SS45103 - LatemodelRestoration.com

I was looking at this kit fof 4200 bucks .comes w everything I need except for shifter. With the trans controler there I dont have to changs pcm and my car will still start right? Id reather a stock shifter over the hammer .will the T56 trans harness still work ? Oh This The COYOTE bell housing the same as a terminator bell..I now about the drive shaft. I have kook LTs I think I will have to mount the front header 02 sensors on the outside. I dont want to TCU that requires a laptop. What about the shifter selector switch? Does the TCU wire into the TPS wire?
Sorry for all the questions I dont want to waste and money do have to do things twice am known for that.
Also what about trans. Crossmember same. Is this kit above .I good trans?
I want to shift as it was like a stock 2004 GT dont need to manually shift or trans brake. I will be doing some long high trips in it in my future. Whats the first gear raito of this trans? I havs SRA w 3.73s . But id really like to install my 3.27s in it . For fuel mileage on interstate. So I would need a lock up converter?
Sorrt for adding so much didnt mean to I though id get it all out in the open.

Also what would my T56 go for so I get some money inturn to do this.
Has 33, 000 miles. Just installed 26 spline input shaft and the HD TOB sleeve. Also have Spec 3 Plus
Clutch and had my stock aluminum FW resurfaced just to clean it up for new clutch. And a Steeda Tri Axe shifter I have new ford TOB new Ford Fork and new firewall adjuster, and I think a 3 hook maybe 2 hook clutch pedad quadrant. 700 miles on the just installed stuff. How much you could I sell it all for?

Not going to change the brake pedal to a auto .cause my back I cant get under the dash that good anymore bad back hips knees. Thats the reason for the auto. I really dont want to sell the car I have to much time and money into it thanks sincerely .if u know anyone else who could help me send them here please.

Of is there another trans kit out there just as good for. Little cheaper like someone on this fourm thats a trans guru.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I would call them an ask....form the looks of it the "Street smart" says up to 500hp on other models. They can answer most of those questions directly. I know nothing about their controller

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Thanks amn , On a day like today when I sprung my back and left ankle out again. It be nice to just sit back on ride. This happens when you Get Old.

Users who are viewing this thread