Want power / need serious advice

bobafett

Established Member
OK , Im a new terminator owner and new to the forum with no experience with these cars. My car is basically stock with the exception of a Borla catback (not sure which setup), short shifter, aluminum driveshaft and suspension work. Id like about 625rwhp and would really appreciate a fast effective way to get there coming from you guys with the experience. When advising, if you wouldn't mind, give me specifics such as brands you'd recommend and sizes , like what headers and pulleys (which equate how much boost). All feedback is seriously appreciated.
Note-not looking to go internal (engine wise)
Thanks guys :beer:

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Pretty broad question!! How much u willing to spend? Is this for racing or just a street car? DIY or do u have a shop in mind? Etc, etc, etc.........

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Best recommendation you will get all damn day, do a search, do a little research, then make a budget and THEN ask

bobafett

Established Member
Pretty broad question!! How much u willing to spend? Is this for racing or just a street car? DIY or do u have a shop in mind? Etc, etc, etc.........

Ur right - what Im asking is pretty broad - but should be fairly easy to answer from guys with cars pushing these numbers (maybe). Willing to spend what it takes to get there. Street car. Not DIY, and Im considering letting the shop that works on my vette (??not rly sure) do the work but shop recommendation is also appreciated..

bobafett

Established Member
Best recommendation you will get all damn day, do a search, do a little research, then make a budget and THEN ask

budget is set and figured this would be the start of my research - what better way to start then getting direction from those that have been there:beer:

mach1033

Established Member
What part of NY? You would need a twin screw Whipple/Ken Belle. You would also need to upgrade your fuel system and my advice is just go with a return style. You would also need to upgrade you clutch along with a 26 spline input shaft. You don't need headers. Your choice of RAM air or cold air intake. You would need to get a MAF like one from SCT. Get sub frame connectors. You would also need to upgrade the irs so that it won't hop. Now this next mod is important. All that power won't mean crap without a pair of drag radials.

bobafett

Established Member
What part of NY? You would need a twin screw Whipple/Ken Belle. You would also need to upgrade your fuel system and my advice is just go with a return style. You would also need to upgrade you clutch along with a 26 spline input shaft. You don't need headers. Your choice of RAM air or cold air intake. You would need to get a MAF like one from SCT. Get sub frame connectors. You would also need to upgrade the irs so that it won't hop. Now this next mod is important. All that power won't mean crap without a pair of drag radials.

Im in Dutchess cty. Very near Westchester and Orange counties. I believe it was you that informed me about saturdays down in thornwood...

mach1033

Established Member
:beer:

if i mite add-car is way too quiet...
are u a diy'er? who does your work?

I do some work on my own like when I swapped a 2.3 for a 2.9 whipple. Otherwise I bring it to my buddies shop in West Nyack. Tuning I let the pro's do it. How loud do you want your car? Here is my opinion on company names.
Whipple 2.9 stock pulley.
Lethal performance budget return fuel system with 60lb injectors.
SCT-BA3000 MAF.
Throttle body your gonna have to go with an Accufab.
If headers are a must then you can go with a MAC which is the cheapest along with the Lethal x pipe. Or you can go with Kooks or American racing with there x pipe and get the Borla stingers if you want loud.
JLT ram air intake/cold air intake your choice.
Spec 3+ clutch and you can decide which 26 spline input shaft you want like liberty or D&D.
Full tilt boogie racing IRS bushing upgrade kit.
Mickey Thompson drag radials are great along with the Nitto NT05R's.
SCT hand held tuner.

bobafett

Established Member
I do some work on my own like when I swapped a 2.3 for a 2.9 whipple. Otherwise I bring it to my buddies shop in West Nyack. Tuning I let the pro's do it. How loud do you want your car? Here is my opinion on company names.
Whipple 2.9 stock pulley.
Lethal performance budget return fuel system with 60lb injectors.
SCT-BA3000 MAF.
Throttle body your gonna have to go with an Accufab.
If headers are a must then you can go with a MAC which is the cheapest along with the Lethal x pipe. Or you can go with Kooks or American racing with there x pipe and get the Borla stingers if you want loud.
JLT ram air intake/cold air intake your choice.
Spec 3+ clutch and you can decide which 26 spline input shaft you want like liberty or D&D.
Full tilt boogie racing IRS bushing upgrade kit.
Mickey Thompson drag radials are great along with the Nitto NT05R's.
SCT hand held tuner.

Now this is what Im talkin - thanks
ran the nto5's (on vette) and were pretty happy with em
hopefully we can meet and bs in thornwood and u can give me your buddy's shop info (dont know if u can mention on thread)
thanks again bro:beer:

Steve

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Assuming you launch into this new project, be sure to report back with the result and your impressions. Your Cobra will definitely be a totally different beast after the transformation.

bobafett

Established Member
Assuming you launch into this new project, be sure to report back with the result and your impressions. Your Cobra will definitely be a totally different beast after the transformation.

will do n thanks again 4 that great "terminator info" link

bobafett

Established Member
Hey Mach1033, this is what Im thinking bout starting with

*Mac longtubes w/ lethal off road mid pipe (no cats)
*Accufab singleblade TB and inlet
*BA-2600 90mm MAF
*JLT nextgen high boost cai

then in a little while upgrading the sc / fuel system etc.....

Hows this sound to start? Already got quote from Lethal

Riored95

Established Member
It sounds like a good start the only thing I wld maybe what on in that list wld be the throttle body. Just because some s/c kits come with one already. But all up to you can't hurt to have. Also look at trying to squeeze subframe connects and IRS brace to help stop the hoop for now.

bobafett

Established Member
It sounds like a good start the only thing I wld maybe what on in that list wld be the throttle body. Just because some s/c kits come with one already. But all up to you can't hurt to have. Also look at trying to squeeze subframe connects and IRS brace to help stop the hoop for now.

wait-what do u mean about the throttle body? I dont quite undrstnd what u saying...

mach1033

Established Member
Hey Mach1033, this is what Im thinking bout starting with

*Mac longtubes w/ lethal off road mid pipe (no cats)
*Accufab singleblade TB and inlet
*BA-2600 90mm MAF
*JLT nextgen high boost cai

then in a little while upgrading the sc / fuel system etc.....

Hows this sound to start? Already got quote from Lethal

When you wrote accufab and inlet I assume you meant just the throttle body correct?

Users who are viewing this thread