Wall Street Journal

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Anyone on here read the WSJ regularly?

I'm thinking about paying for a subscription. They have it listed as $140 annually for both the online and printed journal, which I don't think is that bad of a deal.

EDIT:
And what other sites/publications do you visit/read for your news?

Last edited:

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
If you want a career in the financial industry I highly reccomend reading it everyday. I have been now for the last 5 years... its deffinately good to keep up with the latest news.

pyrocrazy

Established Member
been reading it daily since 3rd grade and now that im an undergrad, my school bought me a subscription. i highly recommend reading it. it truly is well written

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Thanks for all the replies, guys!

I currently read The Economist and was looking into the WSJ after my economics professor mentioned it. WSJ's website also says that you can "save" 80% off of the original cost if you pay for a subscription right now.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies, guys!

I currently read The Economist and was looking into the WSJ after my economics professor mentioned it. WSJ's website also says that you can "save" 80% off of the original cost if you pay for a subscription right now.

I read The Economist and The Wall Street Journal five days a week. As long as you've got a level head and can sort through some of the one-sided frame of mind articles in each, you're good to go. They're both great, but I like The Economist more.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
been reading it daily since 3rd grade
no you haven't.

I read The Economist and The Wall Street Journal five days a week. As long as you've got a level head and can sort through some of the one-sided frame of mind articles in each, you're good to go. They're both great, but I like The Economist more.

I actually don't care for the economist.

I read both the WSJ and the FT daily.

I prefer the WSJ, but the FT has important articles as well.

ChrisRedGT

Established Member
I read it every day. Have for a couple of years.

It has a very conservative slant, so be ready to 'think' about some of what they say. That being said, it seems to be more honest than a NY Times or Washington Post which are highly liberal.

I also read Business Week and Forbes. BW is more Liberal and reading Forbes' editorials are really informative. When both cover the same topic you get a wider view of the issue/item.

I only get the local paper on Sundays for the coupons and comics ;-)

Robert Francis

Established Member
WJS is one of the best publications out there. What suprises many people, is that it's content is not soley all about business, but also reports on national and world events.

oldmodman

Established Member
Do you live near a college?

I go by the library at Loyola/Marymount every morning and pick up a free New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and London Times. They have them there for the students. But as we all know college students don't read, unless it can be downloaded to their I-phone.

And yes, WSJ is a good source of world and financial information with surprisingly little bias.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Do you live near a college?

I go by the library at Loyola/Marymount every morning and pick up a free New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and London Times. They have them there for the students. But as we all know college students don't read, unless it can be downloaded to their I-phone.

And yes, WSJ is a good source of world and financial information with surprisingly little bias.

I might have to check that out. I never thought about going to the library to see if they have any copies available to students. Thanks! :thumbsup:

And I LOVE reading -- books, news articles, etc. I can never get enough information. :read:

Users who are viewing this thread