Walkers Rims & ET Streets

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Thanks to Walkerz Racing for the Tent (Much less sunburn this trip) and the air for the tires!

Now, I need mods.

Let's see, clutch goodies, shifter, pulley, Dyno Tune (Swanson, no doubt), wheels, ET Streets, a credit card with a BIG limit and an economy car to go back and forth to work.

My God, I'm Dave's evil older brother!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
Thanks to Walkerz Racing for the Tent (Much less sunburn this trip) and the air for the tires!

Now, I need mods.

Let's see, clutch goodies, shifter, pulley, Dyno Tune (Swanson, no doubt), wheels, ET Streets, a credit card with a BIG limit and an economy car to go back and forth to work.

My God, I'm Dave's evil older brother!

:lol: Hehe :lol:

But My Evil Brother would shave his head :smmon:

Just got to sell some more front Lisence Plate Holders ;-)

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
I don't make money off the license plate holders, I make friends. Just like James doesn't make money off Adam.:D

Adam, you a heckuva wrench, and a decent chap to boot. A chip off the old block, you won't go wrong following in the footsteps of the Old Gun;-)

Nobody want's to see me with a bald head. That would be fugly! Children screaming, women running, let's not go there....

I just need money, and some time to get things done. You saw how dirty it was under my hood. I know how to do all of the work, I have the tools, I need time and cash. Lot's of both, and I didn't win the lottery again. Guess I'd have a better chance if I bought a ticket, huh?

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
I don't make money off the license plate holders, I make friends. Just like James doesn't make money off Adam.

Nobody want's to see me with a bald head. That would be fugly! Children screaming, women running, let's not go there....

I just need money, and some time to get things done. You saw how dirty it was under my hood. I know how to do all of the work, I have the tools, I need time and cash. Lot's of both, and I didn't win the lottery again. Guess I'd have a better chance if I bought a ticket, huh?

:lol:

Well make some damn money :dw:

Yeah its good to have good folks around me :beer:

Well u could be out side now washing it :smmon: but then again its freaking hot today in the Valley :bash: Cant even stand going out to smoke. Hum i better check my number just in case ;-)

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
that video allen posted was of brian driving the car and the boost-by-pass was kicking in cause the car was hot and he was powershifting.

stang99

I sure hope that Danny knows how to fix the limp hope syndrome. I'd didn't see any Lightnings going to fail safe mode after their burnouts. The computer told me that I had a leak in my heat exchanger, but, I do not need to be reminded that I am doing a burnout. As fussy as the ecu is, I am amazed that Ford can void any warranties.

Originally posted by amwalker
that video allen posted was of brian driving the car and the boost-by-pass was kicking in cause the car was hot and he was powershifting.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Brian's 1-2 shift in that Vid was so friggin good -- I HAVE to start working on the power shift. I did not believe in it before, but Brian's exhibition won me over. He did it so well that there was no sense of abuse to the car -- hell, it looked less abusive than my 'sorta fast' shifting.
I will research whatever it was that chopped power on him, so it doesnot chop on me ha ha
JW

stang99

So, it's gonna be "Hello, officer, I was practicing, sir".

BTW IMO, Brain could have shifted even faster and worked his way around the loss of power if it was his daily driver. He is smooth with a manual trans. Really weird that you had two exact ET's and the trap speeds were so different. Pretty slick to have that key fob operated power disrupter to use if someone driving your car looks as if they will break your record setting ET.

Originally posted by jhwalker
Brian's 1-2 shift in that Vid was so friggin good -- I HAVE to start working on the power shift. I did not believe in it before, but Brian's exhibition won me over. He did it so well that there was no sense of abuse to the car -- hell, it looked less abusive than my 'sorta fast' shifting.
I will research whatever it was that chopped power on him, so it doesnot chop on me ha ha
JW

Last edited by a moderator:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
"Pretty slick to have that key fob operated power disrupter to use if someone driving your car looks as if they will break your record setting ET. "

I have to admit it is a strange feeling to see even an excellect driver like Brian run your can faster than you (or your son) has run it.
Like, I really wanted to see him punch out a 12.1, sorta...:eek:
I saw, and without the power chop he was on the way. That answers a question that I have had about my shifting.

Scoreboard Baybee!! 109.89 vs 114.14 (with a power chop on top of it)

My mission is clear :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
JW

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Why don't you join me in retirement? Much cheaper and, I assure you that your car is sufficeintly modifed with the addition of an x-pipe and a final Swanson tune, to be an 11 sec vert. And, you have the cage, so, I say you'd be a fool to retire. I hope that this post helped you.

:eek: :nonono:

Not this conversation again ;-)

I still need a bit more pratice before i go up against u again P. :dw: So think u will have to stick to racing for a bit longer :D

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Adam and I had a chance to plan the next 4 minor adjustments to the toy today while driving to Fontana for the race. Plus I am going to get very serious on the shifting technique.
I'm sure after we see some 11 sec time sheets we will just quit tinkering drive it gently. ;-)

Were you guys exhausted (no pun intended) today?
The heat at Fontana just killed us. Plus, after a day like yesterday, being a spectator was very hard.

JW

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Were you guys exhausted (no pun intended) today?

man it was hot today. i'm sure it was stifling in fontana. i was feeling ambitious and was going to work on the backyard - changed my mind and waited until almost 6pm.

some time in between i was doing research on drag wheels and tires. i'm seriously considering duplicating the walkerz racing(tm) et street combo so that we'd have another set available at future track days - plus the hop i got on my last run at cbad scared the bejeezus outta me. ;-) if the 17" et streets are available i may just get those rather than buy another pair of wheels (i already have 8 wheels stacked up in the garage). senors walker - how's the wear on your et streets?

maoun

Established Member
i must also give my thanks to james and adam....once again, all around awesome guys

and a thanks to brian.....he takes care of me good :)

it was a great day......makes me hurry up on my KB purchase, eh?

but, as i said, you guys need to come out and autoX with us.....then we'll see who can REALLY drive :) but do me a favor, get rid of that pulley before you do....unless you wanna blow that motor!

you guys were all awesome!
marwane.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
man it was hot today. i'm sure it was stifling in fontana. i was feeling ambitious and was going to work on the backyard - changed my mind and waited until almost 6pm.

some time in between i was doing research on drag wheels and tires. i'm seriously considering duplicating the walkerz racing(tm) et street combo so that we'd have another set available at future track days - plus the hop i got on my last run at cbad scared the bejeezus outta me. ;-) if the 17" et streets are available i may just get those rather than buy another pair of wheels (i already have 8 wheels stacked up in the garage). senors walker - how's the wear on your et streets?

We see almost no wear -- but we (and a couple of others) only use them at the track. They have seen street use two times I think.

Next year Adam will not be around to drive the truck so I am thinking about a car trailer for the Cobra so I can still bring the 'backup stuff'. Even if the wheels and tires were mounted, there is still the other stuff (PModdy-sized ice chest, generator for compressor, compressor, jacks, tools, blah blah)
JW

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
*********ALERT*********ALERT*********

Tetge is making his run on the Cali Forums!!!!!!!

*********ALERT*********ALERT**********

Users who are viewing this thread