WA state race tracks

Riptide

Established Member
Not looking to put a roll bar or cage in my 2014 tvs car. Are there any race tracks in WA state that will not kick you off for running in the 10s?

I understand bremerton and pacific are out. Mods feel free to please move if this is the wrong section. Wasn't sure where it fit.

Not really looking for any lectures on safety so please keep it to yourself if that's all you got. TIA

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
There might be some in Spokane and the tri-cities but my guess is you are SOL. There are a lot of half mile events going on as well.

Dusten

Established Member
Not looking to put a roll bar or cage in my 2014 tvs car. Are there any race tracks in WA state that will not kick you off for running in the 10s?

I understand bremerton and pacific are out. Mods feel free to please move if this is the wrong section. Wasn't sure where it fit.

Not really looking for any lectures on safety so please keep it to yourself if that's all you got. TIA

All the local tracks(Renegade in Yakima, Spokane, Pacific and Bremerton will boot you). I just got booted running 11.40s There was a Z06 that got booted same day for running 10.50's

There was just a private event in Spokane this last weekend that had no real tech.

The issue is, with NHRA or IHRA sanctioning the tracks can get in a ton of trouble for letting people run that don't pass tech.

Look for NWN Motorsports on facebook, they do some private events. DTP Race Wars in royal city will let you run too.

I have no experience with Mission in Canada though.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Mission will boot you too. I know one of the tech inspectors, what they used to let slide isn't happening anymore.

Riptide

Established Member
Well shoot. I was hoping if you ran time only and not one of the other classes it wouldn't be an issue.

Anything in Oregon or Idaho let you get away with it?

NHRA has told people conflicting accounts of this rule interpretation when called on it. Over time it seems they have settled more on no at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

Dusten

Established Member
I only know of Woodburn in Oregon, and its a pretty big track, so I doubt it.

Bullitt1448, how strict is mission on fire jackets for supercharged rigs? Pacific gave me a rash of shit this last weekend. I want to make a few more passes to see if I can hit 120 trap speed. I know I'll get booted for no equipment but wanna make a pass or too to see if I can get it.

Riptide

Established Member
I'll look into NWN and DTP thank you.

Will pacific or bremerton get cranky if you run a few test passes first? Let off or brake to keep from breaking 11.49?

Then make a complete pass on the last attempt and leave.

Dusten

Established Member
I'll look into NWN and DTP thank you.

Will pacific or bremerton get cranky if you run a few test passes first? Let off or brake to keep from breaking 11.49?

Then make a complete pass on the last attempt and leave.

No. There was a coyote at pac running like 11.40s @ 100mph on the brakes.

Dusten

Established Member
Jackets are needed for supercharged rigs with aftermarket superchargers now.

NHRA Rule Book said:
10.00 (*6.40) to 13.99 (*8.59); all E.T. non-OEM supercharged,
non-OEM turbocharged, or nitrous-equipped cars with an OEM
or .024-inch steel firewall: Jacket meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/1
mandatory.

Users who are viewing this thread