W.O.T. Still not fixed

FatalBite

Established Member
I posted awhile back that my car was stuttering like i was hitting the rev limiter at wot. Since then i changed plugs gapped .032 then regapped .035 that didnt do it. cleaned maf then bought new maf. Same results. Changed fuel filter put on new tps checked all cops. I have done everything anyone has suggested except the pprv delete, b.a.p. But dont think its in the fuel because on the the dyno at wot the a/f ratio is where it should be. So any more input on this matter is greatly appreciated

04Sonic

Established Member
Data log it and post it you could be loosing fuel pressure, a coil breaking up without seeing data at WOT we can guess all day.

FatalBite

Established Member
been on dyno once, then vmp sent me a tune still same thing so I dont think its the tune

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Check the voltage to the pumps. Did you do the rewire with the bap? Since you changed about everything else there a slim chance the fpdm is going out on thermal overload. I've only ever seen 2 go out on a stock fuel system. Borrow one from a freind and just swap it in to test it. Long shot but could be it.

Rick:beer:

FatalBite

Established Member
I'm only running a 2.76,tb,cai,o/r-x, nothing major never had any problems before. Just happened one day suddenly. Going to data log it and post it when i get back from vac.

exdeath

Established Member
Try disconnecting the battery and resetting things. Had something similar happen to me once, where all of the sudden it would just die past 4-5k every single time for no reason, almost like a rev limiter or PPRV problem (but without lifting at all). Everything log wise checked out fine, no codes, it was like it was deliberate. Disconnecting battery reset it and it's never happened again. Only thing I can figure is that a one time sensor glitch or something must have set some kind of limp flag or overboost/over rev protection.

Last edited:

lxhatch302

Established Member
my car did the same thing...right about 4500 rpm it just started acting it was on the limiter...i put gt pumps, stg1 fpdm and new fprs and it stopped...

Wayneo

Established Member
You could have a couple coils that went bad, I just had a similar problem on a navigator with a 5.4 dohc 4 coils went bad wasnt throwing any misfire codes as soon as you went WOT it would sputter, stall or sound like that motor would shut off all of a sudden then catch its self. Its almost like it had a bad maf sensor but wasn't

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread