Vortech'd 99-04 GT's click here!

StangKid018

Established Member
Alright so my build is coming to a close on putting parts together, im aiming for the 2nd week going into March for my initial build and put together. I'm putting the last finishing parts together but want a last final opinions on what people would suggest doing differently unless i'll be fine doing it the way im going with the build.
I still need to get my 42lb injectors, gauges + pod(s) and a tial bov 3psi spring. Any advice on this build/setup you would do differently before I get started id greatly appreciate. Also pulley size should i go from a 3.60 to a 3.33? I'm aiming for 8-10psi for boost.

Vortech parts I have put together:

Vortech V1 S-Trim - Practically Brand new
Anderson Power Pipe
Tial BOV
CX Racing Intercooler Kit 3'' Piping
SVT Fuel Pump
SCT XCAL2
Vortech Bracket Assembly, Oil Feed and Drain Lines
SCT BA2400 MAF - Going blow through. Selling this an now going with an HPX 05

Current mods on the GT:

FRPP 3.73s
Flowmaster 40 Exhaust
Mac O/R Prochamber
Stock Headers
Stock Clutch / Tranni
Stock Internals and Block

Last edited:

SF4.6GT

Mr. Drove Them All
Established Member
If its intercooled go with the 3.13, if not probably 3.33 pulley for the amount if boost your looking at..

DaBigBone

Established Member
If its intercooled go with the 3.13, if not probably 3.33 pulley for the amount if boost your looking at..

+1.

I just yanked my Vortech off. I had a 2.62" pulley on mine and put out about 19psi.

Also, I have my 42# injectors off my car for sale. PM me if your interested.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
I would get a set of long tube headers, you'll put more power down with a set. U might want to upgrade your clutch as well. I doubt ure clutch will be able to handle the new found power. I have v2 sq trim with a 3.33 pulley makin 10 psi with an inter cooled set up

crazycarlo

Established Member
Instead of the 42lbsers get some stock 03 cobra 39lbs injectors. You can find them cheap. They will work for what you have and you dont need adapters. My friend ran them on his 03 S-trimed GT for a few years.

StangKid018

Established Member
I was recommended to go with a 3.15 pulley now to reach my 10psi im looking for. Few people Im getting answers from corral and mustangforums couple people using 3.33s and getting like 5-7psi at 6k. Just looking for thoughts.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Your gonna love having the charger, ive had mine in for 5 months now and i drive it every day and it never gets old.. Cant wait to build my motor up and crank the boost up :banana:

StangKid018

Established Member
I know its going to be different from practically being stock now but like you said you never get bored of it im taking it just feels like a completely different car. :]

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Yeah man its completely different, now when u get to the higher RPM's thats when the cars gonna shine.... ill just be messing around with it sometimes and ill be over 100 mph and not even realize it cause it gets up so quick compared to stock... But good luck man and post up ure numbers when u get it all done

Chuckie B

Established Member
Goodluck with this build!...i'd def recomend doing a clutch to handle the power though. I just bit the bullet and went witha Centerforce DF...my KB ate up that stock clutch putting down 400rwhp 433tq...

your face is going to hurt from grinning ear to ear the first day with the blower on the car!...shit mine still does and i had it for 2 summers now hahaa

StangKid018

Established Member
yea i plan on getting a stage 1 or 2 sometime during the summer because i know im gonna need it haha... ill probley put in an aluminum drift shaft the same time i do that too.

Stanger00

Established Member
I run a 3.1" pulley with my V2. For a V1 I would go with the 3.1 at the least. I seen that those don't make the same numbers as a V2 at 5600-5800 rpms.

musclemustangcb

Established Member
Bump,

I was making 9psi with my inter cooled v2 on a 3.33 pulley. 00 roush, 5.0 stroker, ported heads, stock intake. I'm selling my 3.33 pulley if Anyones looking

Users who are viewing this thread