Vortech V3 vs Paxton 2200

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There can be some price difference between PD and centri but, it's not as great as people make out when it's noted that most PD kits are complete. Compare complete kits with complete centri and you're in the same ballpark, retail. $5400 is a good price for essentially a complete kit but, I frankly wouldn't compromise, if I wanted PD, for ~$600.

going with a cenri is far from compromising.

the least expesnive kit out there, 8 second potential. i don't know how thats compromising

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I'd go V3 and a wastegate and let it eat.

Just wanna say, I'm in my On3 kit and other additives for less than a centri kit would have ran me. Buying everything new.

nother5oh

Established Member
Ive been going back and fouth myself, on what i want to do? Ive really been checking the Paxton kit. Can make some serious power with much easier install. But then id love to have a twin kit. Theres just way more involved, installation wise lol. Its all ive been pondering on. My budget is around what beef said and gotta have a handheld and all. Just to get started of course. And can add stuff later on, its not my daily driver. I like the Paxton with room to grow thing! Im sure I'll want more with a built bottom end. Its just that initial purchase, how to go, what to chose? What will get me the most for my budget with room to grow?

5lho

Established Member
Well, you'll want to buy it once. I'd say this: If you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time :), meaning a target on WOT performance, the Paxton may be for you. If you want a fun squirt-around, shotgun-on-casters feel, at all throttle positions but crack throttle cruise, PD.

Twin turbo covers off both of these but, with additional installation hassle and potentially more failure modes down the road.

Don't make a big decision like this based upon miserly penny pinching. I've used centri before on another platform and I tried centri (V3 Vortech) on this one and ultimately I wasn't satisfied with it in a road car application. You want what you want in the end.

Last edited:

RIPCHVY

Established Member
I just had to deal with is same issue. I went with the paxton setup cause pretty much any of them can get you in the 9-10.50 range on stock motor. And built motor and paxton can go 9.0 or faster. If you really don't see yourself building the motor anytime soon. Go with the paxton and then see if you like the paxton life. Only go turbo if you know you wont mind dishing out the money for a JPC or CPR or the hassle of the on3 install.

clc44

Established Member
This is a great thread. The advice given will be taken. Which direction is best for a car that is auto and may see street and road course?

RIPCHVY

Established Member
Some people say the paxton centri. cars are better for road course. Im not a road course guy so i cant tell you that. Unless you are going to spend the extra money on dual fan head exchanger and ice tanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread