Vortech V3 vs Paxton 2200

D_workman

Koda_5.0
Established Member
Im planning on boosting my 2014 GT (6mt) before christmas this year. I just finished my freshman year of college so I have another 3 years of school before I am making good enough money to make crazy power. The car currently has JBA long tubes with an offroad X pipe. I know I want to put a blower on my car but I only want to make around 600-640whp on 93. Which blower will best and most efficient around that power range? Also which blower will be better for daily driving and reliability and why?

Last edited:

Hodor

Established Member
From the research I had done before choosing which blower I wanted, the Vortech would be better suited for your power goals. It is my understanding that the Paxton has a bigger head unit and would be the wiser choice if your power goals were much higher.

I'm not sure how they compare for daily driveability. Beefcake sells both of these systems and would probably be a good one to ask if he doesn't comment in here.

Last edited:

RR5.0

Established Member
Paxton base tuner kit, BAP, id1000s, and a torque booster kit from beefcake. Will make what you want and be there to make much more when youre ready. Same price as a vortech with room for growth. Torque booster will make up for any boost differences between the two.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Vortech is a smaller unit and more efficient at that power level. If you're planning on bigger numbers and a built motor then go with the paxton.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Or skip Paxton altogether and go with the Vortech JTrim. I've had a good experience.

5lho

Established Member
The centri essentially drives like a soft stocker all the time you don't get on it. All the power is stacked at the top and under load, even with the smaller V3 unit. If that answers your questions and makes you happy, proceed that way.

11redGT/CS

Established Member
I was in the same dilemma as you couple months ago came across a great deal on a Paxton and went with it as of now I'm on stock pulley and enjoy it I do see myself doing the wastegate soon just for a little extra grunt although not needed really!

5lho

Established Member
I was in the same dilemma as you couple months ago came across a great deal on a Paxton and went with it as of now I'm on stock pulley and enjoy it I do see myself doing the wastegate soon just for a little extra grunt although not needed really!

I just don't think it's that great deal when the expense and hassle of the wastegate setup is factored in. At that point, you are at or close to TVS prices, on the new market, anyway.

There's gotta be a reason why so many VorPax kits come on the used market and not nearly as many PD kits. It just can't be volume alone.

I tried the Vortech. Once the tune was reasonably ok, the car ripped like mad but, as I said, it was all stacked up top and drove like a soggy stocker off the boost. Doing it again, I'd go PD for sure.

11redGT/CS

Established Member
I think they come up for sale cause most go turbo that's what I would do if I had to do it all over again but even with the wastegate factored in its not near the price of pd blower those things start at 6k if I'm not wrong!!

PC03GT

Established Member
I have a v3, 670/530 sae, any boosted coyote is nasty. With that being said it always leaves you wanting more. If you're going stay pretty much stock a Paxton or V3 is a good choice

5lho

Established Member
I think they come up for sale cause most go turbo that's what I would do if I had to do it all over again but even with the wastegate factored in its not near the price of pd blower those things start at 6k if I'm not wrong!!

Easy to roll up to 6k on the supposed deal on the centri: 4500 for the tuner kit (no injectors), 650 for the TB, 100 bucks for t bolts, 400 for a tuner if you don't have one and 4-500 for a custom tune. ~6000, done, another grand if you need injectors. Or you start with the Beef special with injectors for $5399 and still get over 6k easy. Even if you have some of the stuff, you did pay for it at some point and it's close enough to merit close inspection of the decision.

11redGT/CS

Established Member
Easy to roll up to 6k on the supposed deal on the centri: 4500 for the tuner kit (no injectors), 650 for the TB, 100 bucks for t bolts, 400 for a tuner if you don't have one and 4-500 for a custom tune. ~6000, done, another grand if you need injectors. Or you start with the Beef special with injectors for $5399 and still get over 6k easy. Even if you have some of the stuff, you did pay for it at some point and it's close enough to merit close inspection of the decision.
We could go back and forth on this my kit was new never installed with id1000 for $4100 again they're deals out there just have to jump on them when given the chance at my price a pd was another 2k just not worth it in my eyes!

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Centris are a little easier on parts too, the torque of a PD puts extra stress on your driveline and also is harder to plant on the street. They are still a great option and people have ran some insane times/power numbers with them so to each their own!

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I just don't think it's that great deal when the expense and hassle of the wastegate setup is factored in. At that point, you are at or close to TVS prices, on the new market, anyway.

There's gotta be a reason why so many VorPax kits come on the used market and not nearly as many PD kits. It just can't be volume alone.

I tried the Vortech. Once the tune was reasonably ok, the car ripped like mad but, as I said, it was all stacked up top and drove like a soggy stocker off the boost. Doing it again, I'd go PD for sure.

You do realize a pd drives the same way when you aren't under load, right? It bleeds off boost just like a centri until you get on it.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
a wastegate is NOT needed for these kits, you can get into a kit very reasonable for startes, the 2200 kit is the way to go if you think you'll upgrade in the future.

we went 10s with no wastegate back in 2010, we were the first superchaged car in the 10s, and did it months after the car was released with no converter and no wastegate.

we obviously offer different setups to take your car to the next level, but its not stuff thats NEEDED.

no matter what you buy, your going to need a handheld and a tune, so thats a non factor when "comparing prices". we can have you in a setup for under 5400 with a tune, handheld, injectors,

5lho

Established Member
There can be some price difference between PD and centri but, it's not as great as people make out when it's noted that most PD kits are complete. Compare complete kits with complete centri and you're in the same ballpark, retail. $5400 is a good price for essentially a complete kit but, I frankly wouldn't compromise, if I wanted PD, for ~$600.

Users who are viewing this thread