Vortech V3 and 11.1 Aluminator

Tx5.0

Established Member
Lol I got the exact same kit delivered to me last week. Just opened the box and I have the "serious" fuel rails too. Sweet! Just waiting on my Circle D 2c and my Darkstars to arrive. Thanks for the awesome deals Beef.

Haha they should call these the "serious rails". I should be starting the install next week since I have a few days off of work.

Tx5.0

Established Member
Here is the progress made so far... Work has been eating my time but still making time to work on it. Don't mind the messy garage.

Nobody likes scratches so I taped off the areas I knew I was going to be leaning on.
DSC_0081_zps9cd917ad.jpg

I used 4 grade 8 bolts and washers to lift the engine. Taking off the manifold, I used the top 2 holes for the tranny at the rear and top 2 holes in the front to lift the engine.
DSC_0089_zps38f17485.jpg

Old glory coming out!
DSC_0090_zps659cd09b.jpg

I spent a good while cleaning up the old engine, but now its wrapped up good and staying clean. Probably going to sell it sometime.
DSC_0093_zps1d739715.jpg

Aluminator is in... Just need to finish bolting up the tranny.
DSC_0096_zpse2e5e06d.jpg

Fore pump is in, just thought I show them side by side.
DSC_0087_zpsfb71a3fb.jpg

Tx5.0

Established Member
I did add on ceramic coated JBA headers and H-pipe, along with a steel braided clutch line and Exedy stage 3 clutch with a throwout bearing.

Tx5.0

Established Member
Thanks guys. I'm trying to finish this up in the next few days but with it being 30 degrees laying on the garage floor, I can only work for so long.

Blazer, I have the controller, fuse, fuel hat, filter, rails and injectors put in. Just have to mount the regulator and run the lines. I am thinking about getting the 3.12 pulley as well though. I have the 3.33 but want to push the V3 a little bit harder. What would you recommend? The car will be on 93 and E85.

CPRsm

Put some cardboard down on that cold concrete man! Really helps insulate! Makes it easy to slide around and out from under the car, too.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Thanks guys. I'm trying to finish this up in the next few days but with it being 30 degrees laying on the garage floor, I can only work for so long.

Blazer, I have the controller, fuse, fuel hat, filter, rails and injectors put in. Just have to mount the regulator and run the lines. I am thinking about getting the 3.12 pulley as well though. I have the 3.33 but want to push the V3 a little bit harder. What would you recommend? The car will be on 93 and E85.
Yea you could go 3.12 pulley. I would recommend staying e85 on both the 3.33 and 3.12 pulley though.

2012csgt

Established Member

Looks great. I would just go to the 3.125 pulley. 2A036-312....Thats what I run on my V3. Still a 6 rib. I use a 102.5 inch belt and its perfect. Zero slip.That same belt will fit a 3.33 as well but you have to force the belt on...its tight. I run only E85.

kingnut

Established Member
unreal... congrats! How much boost are you making with the 3.33 pulley and how much timing? Who is the tuner? What are you revving to?

141 mph is HUGE.

very impressive

Im ordering an centri in 3 weeks and am still torn on the black v3 or the 2200. I will likely never build my motor.

I think im going to go v3 with a 3.48 pulley to begin with.

How responsive is the v3 down low?

I know your post is old. But I see absolutely no reason to go with the v3 over the 2200 besides the fact it comes in black. The 2200 makes more power with less belt slip and simply makes more power overall. And it doesnt cost anymore than the v3.

2012csgt

Established Member
I know your post is old. But I see absolutely no reason to go with the v3 over the 2200 besides the fact it comes in black. The 2200 makes more power with less belt slip and simply makes more power overall. And it doesnt cost anymore than the v3.

I went with a V3 cause it was black. Love the looks and I wasn't planning on doing a built motor either. I have never had belt slip and I am still on the 6 rib. If you plan on staying 600 on 93 or 650 on E85, there is no wrong decision here.

Tx5.0

Established Member
I got the V3 for the black as well. I'm not looking to tap into the 900-1000hp range either. This blower gets people into the 9's and that's plenty fast for me. Most people that get the 2200 probably don't push it to its efficiency range anyway.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I have personally seen a V2 SQ on a Mach running 16ish psi and has been fine like that... The V3 will be fine. OP, nice build! Please post videos when it is done, I'd love to hear how loud the V3 is at idle.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Thanks for the comment.

I actually ordered a Paxton kit last week and should arrive in the next 3-4 days.... the wait is absolutely killing me!

I originally priced and wanted the black v3 but my cheap ass didn't want to put out the extra $200.

I like the satin look as well but if for whatever reason I don't, i'll pull the compressor cover and have it powder coated along with the uppermost charge pipe.

GT915

Established Member
Is there any difference in the way these two units sound at idle or with the throttle open? Also I think the paxton is self contained and I wonder how often the oil needs to be changed and if it is a pain in the ass to do. While I do prefer the look of the black vortec, I'd be thrilled to have either one.

Users who are viewing this thread