Vortech V3 93 vs E85

2012csgt

Established Member
Well I finally bought a Fore stage 2 fuel system and a 2c converter in hopes for a 9 second pass. The guys at Power By the Hour installed everything for me and strapped it down on the dyno today. Ken Bjonnes with lund racing did the tuning and had this car dialed in on the E85 in 2 dyno pulls. He started with a few dyno pulls on 93 and then drained it and filled it full of E85. The results are awesome. I will be taking it to the track tomorrow and see what she runs. Previous best is in the sig, and was putting out about 675 ish hp then on MS109. Here is the graph of the 93 and E85.

STD

IMG_2748_zps82feb6a8.jpg

SAE

IMG_2747_zpsf5e0b740.jpg

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Very nice. How much timing is in it? You probably would have been close to 9s with just the converter. Should be easy 9s now.

2012csgt

Established Member
^^^^^^^^ What Pulley?

I have a 6rib 3.125 pulley on it. Puts out a little over 13psi. And well, I was changing out my belt today and made an error. I punctured my radiator. Damn it, so no new PB for me tonight. Sucks. I will have a radiator in the am and I will go Friday. Still gonna go to the track tonight as I have a 2014 SRT Viper. We will see what that pig runs..lol.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I have a 6rib 3.125 pulley on it. Puts out a little over 13psi. And well, I was changing out my belt today and made an error. I punctured my radiator. Damn it, so no new PB for me tonight. Sucks. I will have a radiator in the am and I will go Friday. Still gonna go to the track tonight as I have a 2014 SRT Viper. We will see what that pig runs..lol.

Have you had any belt slip with that setup? Why were you changing the belt? I'd like to hear what the viper does. GL!

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Have you had any belt slip with that setup? Why were you changing the belt? I'd like to hear what the viper does. GL!

The belt somehow had a small chunk out of the side, he just decided to change it as a precaution.

His bone stock 14 Viper just went 11.55 at 129.37 with a 1.98 60ft! I'm sure he'll get a better run tonight, that was his first pass.

2012csgt

Established Member

The belt somehow had a small chunk out of the side, he just decided to change it as a precaution.

His bone stock 14 Viper just went 11.55 at 129.37 with a 1.98 60ft! I'm sure he'll get a better run tonight, that was his first pass.

Yeah, should of just left the belt alone., but it did have a chip in it. Wasn't slipping and has never slipped. But I will be at the track Friday in hopes of a 9 sec pass. Anyhow, the viper ran great. Only a couple runs as the track was crowded. Tried launch control on one pass and it was a disaster. Here is the first pass.

imagejpg1_zpsb07fdd0d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread