Vortech V3 9.91 @ 139.86

2012csgt

Established Member
Took my car to the track last night for the first time in hopes of a 9 sec pass, since I made the switch to E85 and installed a Circle D 2c converter. Had 3 passes all in the 9s with the best being 9.91 @ 139.86. The car felt great and has a bit more in it as I was hitting the rev limiter hard on the 1-2 shift. Very happy with what the car ran and will go back to the track once we tweak the tune. A big thanks to Lund Racing as I data logged the car yesterday and Jon Lund ll helped me dial it in on the street with only a couple revisions. I wasn't able to data log the 1-2 shift on the street as it was spinning or I'm sure Lund would of had the shift perfect as well. Here are the slips and I will post a video shortly.

IMG_2784_zpsc906d5b2.jpg

It was good hanging out with 4VFTW, NEED4SPEED03, AND WHITEMACH.....Good Times.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
congrats and Wow.

140 is absolutely flying. What are your overall driving impressions of the V3? Pretty good response down low??

Congrats again

2012csgt

Established Member
congrats and Wow.

140 is absolutely flying. What are your overall driving impressions of the V3? Pretty good response down low??

Congrats again

The car drives great. Pulls really hard and smooth when in boost. I was worried about disability with the converter and now I think I should of done it a year ago.

bracket that car and lets win some of our money back

LMAO Maybe some street racing. Checkers anyone.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I'm not trying to sound like an idiot but did you say you hit the limiter ? You are manually shifting your car ?

With the autos the shifting is all in the tune (you leave the car in drive). If the shiftpoints in the tune aren't dialed in then you can tap the limiter before it shifts. Also the more power you put down or the harder you leave affects these settings. Wheel spin or hazing the tires will also affect shifting.

coyote302

Established Member
Congrats ! If you want to improve your 60 ft use msd 2 step combined with a t.b and you can expect 1.42 -1.44 60 ft......and maybe better ....

4VFTW

Established Member
I have the t-brake on my car but if you use it the tranny wont shift til it hits the limiter in 1st and the car slows down, not sure why thats happening,

coyote302

Established Member
I have the t-brake on my car but if you use it the tranny wont shift til it hits the limiter in 1st and the car slows down, not sure why thats happening,
We use the 2 relay style and have no problem at all....it is only a 12 v that go to solenoid ....i dont think it have something to do with shifting problem....

2012csgt

Established Member
That is moving for sure. I don't know if I missed it, what size pulley are you on?

I am still on a 6 rib 3.125 pulley.

With the autos the shifting is all in the tune (you leave the car in drive). If the shiftpoints in the tune aren't dialed in then you can tap the limiter before it shifts. Also the more power you put down or the harder you leave affects these settings. Wheel spin or hazing the tires will also affect shifting.

What he said ^^^^^^

4VFTW

Established Member
We use the 2 relay style and have no problem at all....it is only a 12 v that go to solenoid ....i dont think it have something to do with shifting problem....
that's weird , I'm using the 2 relay brake as well , it leaves like a monster but hits the limiter and there was another car there having the same issue with it. Makes no sense to me ether

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
that's weird , I'm using the 2 relay brake as well , it leaves like a monster but hits the limiter and there was another car there having the same issue with it. Makes no sense to me ether

Sounds tune related. Your tuner likely isn't commanding the shift fast enough because the car is leaving so much harder off the brake.

I run the 2-relay and had the rev limiter issue with my Lund tune but not once I switched to Mike Rousch @ MidAtlantic Performance

4VFTW

Established Member
Oh I'm sure it's tune related and my tuner is working on it as he runs the brake himself, but I think he wants to determine why the shift point needs to be commanded so low because simply using the brake should not effect the shift point that much ...if the car hooks the shift should reman constant

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
You guys are fighting the same problem I was with loose converters and good power if the car dead hooks it accelerates so quickly that the shift doesn't happen in time causing it to hit the limiter , it has nothing to do with your trans brake !!! Just command the shift earlier and you will pick up even more ET and MPH!!! and if you go to a good track like OSW or Bradenton and bust off some low 1.40 or 1.3's it will likely do the same thing. Just my 2 cents.

4VFTW

Established Member
PBIR has been hooking Christian, I was getting 1.43-4's last week footbraking and the one pass I tried the brake it yanked the fronts about 1' . The company that owns PBIR recently bought MIR and the guy that ran MIR was brought on as COO of track operations... should be good for the track.

when are you getting back out with your car?

Users who are viewing this thread