vortech v1 s-trim no boost HELP

HTRsvt03

Established Member
I bought a used s trim with fmic set up and installed it on my 96 cobra c head. I did all usual supporting mods and has a cx racing intercooler, 3'' piping, afm power pipe, sct2600, 3.33 pulley and I believe a tial bov etc. got the car running loaded up to go dyno tune. car only pulled max 2psi @ 6000rpm on 2 different boost gauges and on lap top. held good vacuum at idle and could not find any leaks in the ic piping or couplers. The tuner or myself could not figure out why the vortech was not supplying boost. so I had a safe tune setup and took it back home. I don't see any belt dust nor does it feel or sound like the belt is slipping. still have not found any vacuum or boost leaks and the bov is working properly. I do think the blower is producing boost because of the massive amount of forced air coming from bov when open. im trying to find some help on what to do or where to go now I have searched and searched on the internet for weeks and have not found anything that has helped. any input you guys can give me would be great. if you have any questions just ask thank you for any help.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
with that pulley you should be seeing at least 8lbs even with a somewhat restrictive intercooler. Sounds to me like the BOV is leaking boost under WOT, might not be fully closing properly. do you have a vacuum gauge? what's it reading at idle?

HTRsvt03

Established Member
I do not have a gauge in the car right now, at the dyno it was around 15 in

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
I have a v1 t trim , tial bov, in a blow through setup with a treadstone ic and I see 21in or so at idle. With the 3.33 pulley I see around 12-13lbs of boost fyi

Do you have the correct spring in the tial? If I remember correctly its the pink spring

HTRsvt03

Established Member
not sure about the spring haven't got to check. im going to remove bov and intercooler when I order a new pipe and see were its at. I need to get a boost guage badly. also I am looking for an elbow that goes to throttle body. superchargers online has the vortech one but its a little pricey

Users who are viewing this thread