Vortech t trim on 99 cobra questions..

blake4powers

Slowly Learning
Established Member
I just came a across a really good deal on a t trim kit and had a few questions. If these seem like dumb questions, I apologize.. I'm new to forced induction.
how hard is the install?
do I keep my air conditioning?
can a stock block (about 20k miles) handle it?

Im pretty sure I have more questions but I'm drawing a blank right now. Any input is appreciated!
Thanks

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Is the kit off/for a 99 cobra?

Yes.

Yes it can. The general consensus for boost levels on a stock bottom in cobra are 8-10lbs.

blake4powers

Slowly Learning
Established Member
Is the kit off/for a 99 cobra?

Yes.

Yes it can. The general consensus for boost levels on a stock bottom in cobra are 8-10lbs.

Yes the guy pulled it off his 99.
Thank you for answering.. I guess my next question is, does $2900 sound like a reasonable deal? He says he's including everything I need and the head was rebuilt by vortech then never reinstalled..

Brutal Metal

Established Member
That's like putting a 95MM turbo on a Yugo, you won't be able to properly utilize the T-Trim's impeller output with the stock pistons,rods and fasteners. And $2900 is normal surely not a Great deal, you can find head units in the $1000 range, I didn't need to spend $2K in supporting mods. What does the kit have? size injectors? Intercooler?
Blow throuh or draw through MAF setup? I'm guessing he isn't gonna remove his fuel pump/pumps? So you need to address that... Make sure it includes the kit specific water pump pulley and coolant crossover, all hardware,idlers and spacers for the mounting bracket...

Users who are viewing this thread