vortech pulley grinding into the alt

pacific4v

Established Member
I noticed a grinding/vibrationcoming from my engine the other day but didn't have a chance to check it out til today and saw that the blower pulley was grinding into my alt. When i put the blower on everything seemed to be lined up correctly and i didn't use any spacers. I had been driving the car almost daily since early august with no issues til just now. It also looks like the idler pulley that goes in the blower bracket is trashed too. I didn't have much time to check it out today. The belt also jumped 2 ribs over on the blower pulley but is still lined up with everything else. What would cause this?
2011-10-24135802.jpg

2011-10-24135831.jpg

02blownGT

Established Member
Im a procharger guy but i would guess without looking at it that it was caused by the idler pulley.Their is ussually some kind of spacer on the idler pulley to keep the blower spaced correctly.Again just my best guess since i cant tell from the pics.

pacific4v

Established Member
There is a spacer for the idler pulley, your correct. And i did use it. But even then i don't see how that would cause the blower to shift like that.

crazycarlo

Established Member
it shouldnt. I had an idler pulley go bad on my vortech and it didnt do that. Make sure none of the bolts came lose that holds the blower bracket on or the blower to the bracket. If it was doing it the whole time you deff would have noticed by now.

Users who are viewing this thread