Vortech pcv/bypass setups

tamubullitt

Established Member
I'm curious to see how others are running their vortech or even procharger set up if it's the same. Post some pictures if you have some or can get some fairly easily.

A little bit about my setup, I have a V2 that is pretty much setup per vortech's instructions. Air to water intercooler with power cooler, bypass valve and a hose going from the passenger valve cover to the intake tube before the supercharger. I have installed a JLT catch can on the drivers valve cover in between the intake and the supplied vortech pcv. I got the Mach 1 DOHC engine from a totaled car in which I can assume sat for a while, just not sure of the time frame. The engine had about 20k when swapped into my 01 Bullitt.

Reason I am asking, I recently had the head unit rebuilt by Vortech to replace the seals and bearings. The car still likes to smoke on start up and times during heavy acceleration and is burning more oil than I would like to see. I pulled the intake tube before the supercharger and still see a good amount of oil in the impeller opening. Pull the power cooler off and can find traces of oil all the way to the throttle body.

There maybe a teaspoon of fluid in the JLT catch can, the compression is good, we basically did a leak down test when we replaced the valve stem seals by filling the cylinders with air and held pressure with no leaks. I really find it hard to believe with the amount of oil in the impeller opening is coming from the passenger valve cover just because there is maybe a very thin film of oil in the hose but really have to dig in there to find it. Any input appreciated!

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I don't know how much this will help you, since vortech and procharger run different routes.

20130722_202229_zps96d59fa6.jpg

I have both valve covers going to a "Y" and one hose to a catch can in the fender, and then out the other side of the catch can back into the engine back into the inlet pipe of the supercharger. My IAC is running the "stock" location. I know the vortech pipe doesn't have that nipple to run the stock route for the IAC, so I'm not sure about how that is routed on a vortech setup.

*Edit* I also forgot to mention I use a blow-through MAF setup, so I have a vortech Mondo valve vented to the atmosphere on the first pipe right off the procharger.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread