Vortech / Paxton tune questions

CSG

Established Member
I just got my latest combo running and want to hear from other owners about how theirs drive. The things I have noticed:
I have a very slight surge when cruising at a slow speed like say 5 mph in a parking lot.
The idle hunts a bit when I come off throttle.
A/F ratio is constantly back & forth between 13.6 to 14.1 at steady throttle.

How do you guy's cars compare? None if it is very annoying but I wonder if it could be better.

Combo:
9.5 Aluminator
2C
AR Longtubes with offroad H and GT500's
JT with a 3.15 and stock balancer
Stock MAF

mhyjek

Established Member
Who's tune? I'm tuned by Lund idle is perfect parking lot 1st gear tremec swap very close to Stock. Cruising light throttle pressure notice AFR bounce around a little bit 13.7 to 14.1. But feels very linear and smooth and very responsive to increased throttle very close to stock except for a lot more power lol. I think he AFR bounce is on purpose do to the blower pushing air and throttle plate being barely open causing air flow disturbance. My guess but it feels right when driving and when I put my foot to floor 11.5 except for when TVIC is doing its job

rath

Established Member
I'd recommend contacting your tuner, datalogging, and consulting with them. Cheapest and easiest thing you can do. If it doesn't work, then maybe contact Lund.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Its the tune, i had the sitting at a light and the idle would drop and come back up but never stalled. Got a more aggressive tune from revolution auto and shes as smooth as can be and with 40 more hp to boot!

GHIG'13

Established Member
Mine idles ok but after I installed the torque booster kit it has died on me 6-8 times when I let off and clutch it. My af at cruising speeds ranges between 13.2 and 15.2. Pulls like a train when you put your foot down so I am just trying to live with it. Have gotten Lund to touch up the tune but it still does it. Maf signal got real nasty looking after the wastegate install so don't know if that's the problem.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Make sure your MAF is clocked correctly. 5 o'clock position from the drivers side facing the motor, not the front of the car.

GHIG'13

Established Member
Make sure your MAF is clocked correctly. 5 o'clock position from the drivers side facing the motor, not the front of the car.

It is, thats the first thing Lund ask before starting the datalogging process. I'm if the wastegate is causing more turbulence? Also, I have a vented catch can, do I need a check valve in the lines to keep it from being a vacuum leak?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I had a slight surge with another tuner I was using but with lund the drivability is damn near stock.

hey blazer I haven't been on the boards in some time. it seems like a lot has changed LOL you like lund racing now

glad to see you around. did you end up getting the Paxton from terry?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
It is, thats the first thing Lund ask before starting the datalogging process. I'm if the wastegate is causing more turbulence? Also, I have a vented catch can, do I need a check valve in the lines to keep it from being a vacuum leak?

I have my pcv vented as well. you don't need the check valve

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
hey blazer I haven't been on the boards in some time. it seems like a lot has changed LOL you like lund racing now

glad to see you around. did you end up getting the Paxton from terry?

Lol yea got the Paxton from terry and now work for teambeefcakeracing.com

Couldn't be happier with lund racing!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Lol well I told you they were good and that Terry was a good guy. Glad everything is well.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

wastegate shouldn't, it's only open during wot about about 10psi, and we use an oem pipe on the car

Users who are viewing this thread