Vortech Paxton owners....opinions

2012csgt

Established Member
Thinking about changing my air inlet for track use. Anyone ever experiment with similar setups and have seen positive results?

As it sits now...............

6p7k.jpg

ohpu.jpg

Maybe this....

lmmn.jpg

il7x.jpg

Or this.......

tnnr.jpg

73mv.jpg

The screen was like $4 and the filter was $20. So not alot spent. Just thought I would get some opinions.

Last edited:

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
I like that filter setup(2nd one). How does the butt dyno feel? I think running a shorter intake like that might pick up a little on the boost side, but you may also be upping your IAT from that location.

The screen only diffenetly will pick up boost. I have seen others do this as well, but most only do it for track passes.

Specs on the 2nd filter? I might pick one up and see what difference it makes.

Last edited:

2012csgt

Established Member
I like that filter setup(2nd one). How does the butt dyno feel? I think running a shorter intake like that might pick up a little on the boost side, but you may also be upping your IAT from that location.

The screen only diffenetly will pick up boost. I have seen others do this as well, but most only do it for track passes.

Specs on the 2nd filter? I might pick one up and see what difference it makes.

I haven't driven the car with the 2nd filter yet. But I did pick it up at Pep Boys for $20. They have blue, red, black, or white. Cheap mod if it works.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Just looking at it, the vortech impeller will suck in unresticted air from the screen set up, that should increase the boost. The short filter will likely be the same as your jlt the only diffence being the tube length, which I'm not sure if it would make much of a difference!

Stevem17500

Established Member
re

Thinking about changing my air inlet for track use. Anyone ever experiment with similar setups and have seen positive results?

As it sits now...............

6p7k.jpg

ohpu.jpg

Maybe this....

lmmn.jpg

il7x.jpg

Or this.......

tnnr.jpg

73mv.jpg

The screen was like $4 and the filter was $20. So not alot spent. Just thought I would get some opinions.

Were did u buy the 4 dollar screen....thats probable gone help more

Dtony

Established Member
I tried mine with and without a filter at the track recently. IT ran exactly the same. I also just had the car retuned with a smaller pulley, we ran it with and without the filter and tube....same again.

2012csgt

Established Member
I tried mine with and without a filter at the track recently. IT ran exactly the same. I also just had the car retuned with a smaller pulley, we ran it with and without the filter and tube....same again.

Well shoot. I might as well keep the JLT Cai. It looks good. If taking it off and running it open didn't help your car than it def wont help mine as your car is flying. Thanks for the input.

achamb7

Established Member
Well shoot. I might as well keep the JLT Cai. It looks good. If taking it off and running it open didn't help your car than it def wont help mine as your car is flying. Thanks for the input.

Did running without the filter change the sound any?

kaane

Established Member
Only reason to run no intake is to make more boost. How about instead you get the beefcake wastegate setup and you will make power power without any spikes up top that could result in a blown motor.

2012csgt

Established Member
Only reason to run no intake is to make more boost. How about instead you get the beefcake wastegate setup and you will make power power without any spikes up top that could result in a blown motor.

Ya that does look interesting.

We picked up 32rwhp taking off tube on dyno about 2 psi in 100degree heat im sure it would be more on nice cool day

Wow great gains....Might try it on the dyno Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread