Vortech Idler help

sisky wolf

Established Member
Idler Pulley

I am kinda iffy on just bearings, the back of the idler is pretty tore up

After burning 3 sets of bearings and tearing up 2 idler pulleys..I had one machined out of case hardened steel..found bearings at a bearing outlet rated at 18,000 rpm,s (SKF Explorer 6001 2zjem) skf.com/mount

No problems since .running 8 rib set up.

Also only belt I found that works is 115 1/8" 114 would not fit..I am running all accessories

Last edited:

Bryan99hoss

Established Member
Well I have a friend that owns a machine shop, I just need to take the old pulley up there and say i need to get some high speed bearings put on this and i need the center to be this big or what? lol

sisky wolf

Established Member
Right! Have your friend cut the pulley to match the configuration of the Vortech pulley

Check the web for the bearings...You might even have an outlet in or near your town

GOOD LUCK. Also if you havent already..I highly recommend the 8 rib pulley set up...can pull the pulleys off of a Lighting and order the blower pulley from Vortech...Reichard also make a great pulley

Also check the bolt or shaft the pulley rides on it needs to be hardened steel..I lhave bent a couple of them in the past.

Bryan99hoss

Established Member
I am not going to keep the car.... I ready for something else, just trying to get it up to par to sell

the thing is I don't know when it will sell so I figured If it were to be about the same price for something better why not do it better

Users who are viewing this thread