Vortech Idler help

Bryan99hoss

Established Member
I have a Vortech Idler that is dead Part number 4FK016-021

I was wondering if there is a better route to go. I have read that these are pretty shitty and go out pretty often... I myself am not up for replacing a 50$ idler every oil change

So please, If you have found something better post up... also include a link on where i can buy it... or PM me if it isnt allowed

thank you in advance

Bryan

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
What happened ? Is the idler itself physically destroyed like mine did once or do you suspect it to be bad because you hear a squeaking noise under the hood. When was the idler pulley installed on your car? Have heard that the newer idlers have the more durable high-speed bearings.
I looked on superchargersonline.com, they had them a few weeks ago but I don't see them listed anymore. Back ordered?

SNAKEYE

Established Member
My first one lasted 28K miles. The second one is at 30K miles and counting. Except for having to unbolt just about EVERYTHING to replace the idler pulley, 30K+ miles between changes is much more than EVERY oil change (3K miles).

Bryan99hoss

Established Member
aight thanks bro, I am not planning on touching it again until monday...

also, I have a 112 inch belt will it fit, parts store had a 112 and a 114.7

SNAKEYE

Established Member
aight thanks bro, I am not planning on touching it again until monday...

also, I have a 112 inch belt will it fit, parts store had a 112 and a 114.7

The belt on mine is 113 inches: Kelly/Springfield #1130K6.

If you don't have the Vortec installation manual, with list of materials, you can download it from their website.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Your best bet is to replace the bearings yourself or get a different pulley. myself havent had any issues with mine, but then again ive only put maybe 2k on it in the last year since its been on.

Users who are viewing this thread