vortech guys: what #'s and times are you guys hittin?

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Here's my setup !!!

1997 Cobra Coupe
SHM built engine .020 over, with stage 1 ported heads and blower cams
Vortech S Trim supercharger with GT impeller, 3.33" pulley, and AFM powerpipe
Weldon 2015 Pump and 2040 FPR, UPR Rails, 55 lb SD injectors, Aeromotive sumped tank and filters, -8 supply line/-6 return line
BBK LT's, Offroad X, Magnaflow Catback

17 degrees total timing
11.9:1 A/F ratio @ 6,800rpm

569 rwhp @ 6,800
468 rwtq @ 6,000

With only 600 miles of engine break in and Autologic tune. Now tuned by me via SCT tuner... New numbers shortly !!!

Best track time to date:

11.23 @ 128 MPH with a lousy 1.8 60' short time (Fast Car with shitty driver !!!)

Russyo

Established Member
hey there,
currently my vortech v-2 sq trim is in the shop for repairs. I have a horrible experience to tell you about. I was running around 10 psi on my stock motor, not a blowing up motor story but could have been. Anyway, I bought the car a month before this happened, and the intake is 4 inches in diameter, however the vortec inlet is only like 3 1/2 inches. so some smart fella put a rubber adapter between the 4 inch elbow and the vortec inlet so the elbow wouldnt slip off. BADDDD idea. Needless to say, I tighten the hose which pinched the adapter onto the vortec, so I though, just as it was before. But I took it for a spin, as soon as I got into vacuum it sucked that stupid adapter piece right off the inlet and up into the charger itself. Shredding the propeller, grinding all the bearing to nothing, and spitting propeller peices all over the inside of my motor. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Man I could kill the guy who thought that adapter was a good idea. Make sure all you parts are legit, and fit the proper way, no getto rigging!!! Anyway I have spent the last two months tearing my motor apart, taking the heads off, cleaning out the cylinders, only two had pieces in them, but I vacuumed each cyliner out with a shop vac and oil. Then I put cometic head gaskets, and arp head studs on it to make it extra tight for the next go-around. And now I am waiting for vortec to send me my $800 rebuilt v-2 sq trim. They say its gonna be better than new, but I will let you guys know. Vortec people are great, but I sure could have done without that experience. Just make sure all you parts fit and dont EVER come lose. But if they do, I know how to fix you right up, but I pray that doesnt happen to anyone else. But I should be back up and running in the next week or so and we'll see what I can put down. I never got a dyno, but I know I was well over 400hp and I pulled everyone I rased. I would guess around 425 to the fly, and high 12's in the qauter with dcent traction. But Ill keep you posted. Also, in the kit, are you getting everything the kit intails. cause I have heard its a real pain to try and make a kit yourself. But good luck!! You will totally love that blower!!
Russyo

Users who are viewing this thread