vortech guys: what #'s and times are you guys hittin?

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
A friend of mine is gonna sell me a vortech kit, a new fuel pump, chip, and guages for a very good price. im just wondering what kind of numbers and times you guys are getting so I can know what to expect. thanks guys.

Justin

steedacobra

Established Member
Ive got a S-trim 3.33 pulley, 77mm Pro-M, K&N, Custom superchip, copper plugs, 9mm wires, bassani x-pipe,

Steeda dyno tuned to 467rwhp

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Originally posted by c9obr6a
435 rwhp @ 10 psi 13.2 in 1/4 mie

no offense dude but your 1/4 times should be a whole lot better than that pushing 435 to the wheels..traction problems or what?

c9obr6a

Established Member
yep traction sucks without slicks traping at 112 i'am not the best driver at the track only ran the car 2 times might go this week on drag radials, eaton super brute, and 4:30 gears if i can get my 2.19 60 ' times down 12 are for sure.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
yep traction sucks without slicks traping at 112 i'am not the best driver at the track only ran the car 2 times might go this week on drag radials, eaton super brute, and 4:30 gears if i can get my 2.19 60 ' times down 12 are for sure.

Holy crap, how long are you taking to shift?

I ran 12.8@115 all day long without powershifting and only pulling a 2.0 60'. That was with 411 rwhp and 3.27's.

c9obr6a

Established Member
I was powershifting and think that was a problem also spining 1-2,2-3 shift track sucks and i didn't heat up the DR

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
411 rwhp. See sig for times: stock tires, worn clutch, and road race suspension. I had a 10# pulley but had belt slippage and never saw 10psi.

Since then, I have a forged block, T-Trim/ w/16# pulley, all the air and fuel stuff that you need, and SCT tune. We have not got it all together yet, I am hoping for something around 600 rwhp, but I will probably get about 550 at the wheels.

Good luck.

KillrCobra

Established Member
S-trim, 3.33, L/ts, hpipe, cb, 42s, 90MM MAF, 255 intank, and dyno tuned to 475 rwhp. Now I'm making 0rwhp because I'm blown-up. :bash:

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
whats the highest amount of boost you guys would recomend with a good dyno tune? i was thinkng 8-10 should be safe for the stock bottom end. im likin the #'s you guys are puttin down, they are higher than i expected. how many of you are on the stock bottom end because i wont be able to go forged for at least 6-8 months after i get the kit put on. what are your thoughts here?

Justin

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Smokinbago
411 rwhp. See sig for times: stock tires, worn clutch, and road race suspension. I had a 10# pulley but had belt slippage and never saw 10psi.

Since then, I have a forged block, T-Trim/ w/16# pulley, all the air and fuel stuff that you need, and SCT tune. We have not got it all together yet, I am hoping for something around 600 rwhp, but I will probably get about 550 at the wheels.

Good luck.

Thats my dream setup:bowdown: How many psi r u planning on running, 16-18?

edit: Im dyslexic, u said 16:bash:

Last edited:

KillrCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by LAXbronco65
whats the highest amount of boost you guys would recomend with a good dyno tune? i was thinkng 8-10 should be safe for the stock bottom end. im likin the #'s you guys are puttin down, they are higher than i expected. how many of you are on the stock bottom end because i wont be able to go forged for at least 6-8 months after i get the kit put on. what are your thoughts here?

Justin

I'd say 10 should be safe with a good tune as long as you don't beat the crap out of it. Although I will say that anything can happen. I mean I never thought 4 mo after putting the blower on that a seal would go, causing my motor to also go. :fm:

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Originally posted by JoeCobra
I'd say 10 should be safe with a good tune as long as you don't beat the crap out of it. Although I will say that anything can happen. I mean I never thought 4 mo after putting the blower on that a seal would go, causing my motor to also go. :fm:

Ill probably run 8 psi. then when i get used to it ill up it to 10 or so. then when i have to money for a bottom end and tranny ill do that and raise the boost a lot and make some serious power. im gonna have a good tune and i dont beat my car up at all so i should be fine. i know there are more guys out there with vortech kits, i want all of our imput please. have you guys had any bad experiences with your SC or what. let me know whats goin on fellas. thanx!

Justin

freakshow12

Established Member
I was at 468/433 rwhp with a hyland tune on 10 psi bassani O/R x, ultraflow catback. wires and stock everything else. but like joe I am blown up too. I am working on a billet shortblock(stroker) with 9:1 comp. ported heads and intake, cams ,LT's and 16 psi. weldon fuel system with sumped tank and all. should be close to 650 rwhp( according th SHM) hopefully going by summer. winter here now so who cares.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
True Blue Performance Shortblock, cleaned up heads, stock cams, vortech v2 w/gt impeller, AFM powerpipe, long tubes, x-pipe, borla side exhaust. 11psi @ 6700 rpm 511rwhp and 398 rwtq.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member

you should be trapping more mph than that, too. like 15-17 range...

FATAL4.6

Exhaust Driven
Established Member
S-trim with a 3.25 pulley only making 7 pounds of boost for some reason 440rwhp on livernois mustang dyno. Ran consistent 12.20's @ 117mph hooking 1.76 60ft's on my road race suspension with some shitty firestone tires....The 60 ft is unreal if you ask me....

fireman2004

Established Member
also looking to go s/c already have my bottom end redone .020, je piston's manley rods, just want to know whats the best charger for an occasional street use car not a daily driver here, maybe couple times a week. lookin for some input I'm kinda new to the mod motors, so any help is appreciated, although I have been considering swapping my 408windsor out of my drag car,which has been sold now into the cobra for some serious fun, it makes 715hp at the flywheel, but I think thats a bit much for street use!!!

Users who are viewing this thread