Vortech car street traction

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Hey guys,

Looking to set my car up better for the street this year and looking for some advice on where to start. Ive never really looked into suspension parts so all advice is appreciated.

Details on the car:
Lowered 1 inch on Eibachs
Adjustable panhard
Adjustable UCA
15 inch Dark Stars with 275/50/15 MT Street S/S
No rear sway bar

The car does fine at the track but on the street it blows the tires off on the 1-2 shift. I'm looking for ways to get that power to the ground. I was thinking LCAs, maybe shocks? Help me out.

PC03GT

Established Member
Shocks will help out a lot. I have koni yellows on mine, it really helped out with the power transfer

bunits19714

Established Member
get the rear sway bar back on or get a aftermarket one on.(bmr or whitline- I run the whitline)- the s197 is a 3 link not a 4 link like the old fox bodies they need the rear sway bar or a anti roll bar(not good for street) your rear suspension is unloading itself.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
I figured a MT would be a good enough tire for the street. Do you suggest something more?

bunits - Do you recommend LCAs as well? I pulled the stock sway bar because it didnt fit with the 15s on the rear.

StalkerStang

Established Member
Get the sway bar relocation brackets, and put the rear bar back on.

Even the older 4 link style benefits from having a proper sway bar, including a drag set-up.

Users who are viewing this thread