Vorshlag-no more AST's for the Mustang?

5.0_SD

Established Member
Why wouldn't you call and ask or PM them from this site?
I thought it best to bring up the question and let Jason/Terry tell us what's up than me calling and saying something here, which I would then be asked how did I get the info...thought it best to here straight from them so everyone sees the answer. I only ask because I had heard there were some "issues" with the AST design and I was wondering if that, and the Vorshlag site not showing them, if there was any correlation between the two.

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
AST has switched their distributor in the US. We spoke to the new distributor and this is the first time they have done something like this and are going to have to work out some things before ASTs are available again. Based on some of the things they told us I expect ASTs to be quite a bit more expensive once they are again available.

If you are contemplating purchasing ASTs you should confirm availability. Just because they are on a website, does not mean they are really available. I'd be glad to turn on the AST entries on our site and let people order them, but it might be another eight month wait before we get them and we can't string people along like that.

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
...I only ask because I had heard there were some "issues" with the AST design and I was wondering if that, and the Vorshlag site not showing them, if there was any correlation between the two.

When we first brought ASTs into the USA they only had BMW fitments that were built to be TUV approved. We worked with them to modify the fitments to the way we used suspension in the US (lowered, track use, mix-and-match parts) and then worked with them on quality. The first generation 4100 kits had some issues in both fit and longevity. We worked with AST-Holland and then AST-USA to get a good damper and that culminated in the AST 4150.

As of 2013 the only issue we had with AST was delivery issues. Well, and some dealers selling damper kits that were not appropriate to what the customer really needed, but it's hard to control that. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread