Vorshlag Brake Duct Kit Installed

twistedneck

Established Member
Kit went in very nicely. I have the 10" D-force wheels and at full rebound and full wheel cut there is some rubbing on the inside edge of the tire, I may try to ovalize the silicone tube a little bit. So far no issues and I've had to cut the wheel pretty hard on driveways and stuff. Its possible these don't rub at all at curb height.

The back plate is a great fit and I'm very happy with the kit.

ducts.jpg

ducts1.jpg

brakes2.jpg

Update -things to make this install go very quickly:

1. just bend the horn up and out of the way no need to unbolt it. for even more room I loosened each horn and rotated them a little.
2. Instead of shimming the washer reservoir or snaking around it I just removed it!
3. Do not remove the entire front fascia like I did.. just pop out the fog light inserts there are three compression tabs, squeeze them and the front lower fog surrounds pop out, you can install the tubes with hose clamp and pop them back in! I wish I would have known that.
4. I did cut some clearance into the front of the fender well, and I removed the side plate on the drivers side that hid the oil filter.

All of that made the ducts rout really nice and straight w/o any smashing or snaking.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Looks good. Talk to Terry or Jason and see if there if something else that needs to be adjusted. I would imagine if you are rubbing on 18x10, their 18x12s would rub too, but I don't know for sure.

twistedneck

Established Member
Looks good. Talk to Terry or Jason and see if there if something else that needs to be adjusted. I would imagine if you are rubbing on 18x10, their 18x12s would rub too, but I don't know for sure.

If ducts were a little bit longer I probably could have pulled them to the side a bit more, however there is not a lot of room in there even for that. If I remember the Vorshlag guys shimmed the D-force wheels in front during track events to match the rear width however that would not have alleviated the contact at full wheel cut. FYI - they rubbed at full rebound while jacked up, they may not have rubbed as bad or at all at design position. I'm not worried about it - when I was at the Detroit World Challenge race looking around the pits all of the Mustang ducts 3" and 4" had melt marks, tire rub marks, burns, dirt, smashed cross sections etc... these things get beat up!

Thanks for the compliments on the rotors Rdrcr they are light too we'll see if they cool down as good as the stock ones..

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
If ducts were a little bit longer I probably could have pulled them to the side a bit more, however there is not a lot of room in there even for that. If I remember the Vorshlag guys shimmed the D-force wheels in front during track events to match the rear width however that would not have alleviated the contact at full wheel cut. FYI - they rubbed at full rebound while jacked up, they may not have rubbed as bad or at all at design position. I'm not worried about it - when I was at the Detroit World Challenge race looking around the pits all of the Mustang ducts 3" and 4" had melt marks, tire rub marks, burns, dirt, smashed cross sections etc... these things get beat up!

Thanks for the compliments on the rotors Rdrcr they are light too we'll see if they cool down as good as the stock ones..

That sounds like it's just by design then. I've always seen them when everything was off, and never really be able to get a look at them when the car is on the ground.

Either way, looks like a great setup you have. :beer:

twistedneck

Established Member
Update, I had to do a full wheel cut while parking a few times and tire rub is not a big deal really - minor rubbing noise since you will never do a full wheel cut at speed. it put a light black rub mark along a small area of the duct hose. no major damage or wear that I can see. i'm not worried and quite happy the kit holds up above 130mph no issues.

edit: oh and those orange ducts in the fog light tubes are worth every cent.. pure road race bling.

FYI - I was at the Woodward cruise and spotted a lot of Laguna and Boss Mustangs with the ducts. the difference I spotted was hose length.. with slightly longer hose they can route the ducts on the bottom side of the front stabilizer bar and have a lot more tire clearance. IF / when I wear thee out i'll get them a couple inches longer and presto, its done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread