VooDoo Blows up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Harley

Established Member
I drove it hard from the time i left the dealer but you know you have to get used to that much RPM and i was short shifting all the time. maybe 7500 max. i set the holographic tach to 8000RPM and never seen red come up on the heads up display. The lead tech said a rod or piston broke. sounds like somebody beating on the valve cover with 2 pound sledge. The dealer sent a video of it running. they said to not touch it and they sent out a new motor immediately. it should be back together this week. i have video of it on my phone. I haven't abused the car.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I drove it hard from the time i left the dealer but you know you have to get used to that much RPM and i was short shifting all the time. maybe 7500 max. i set the holographic tach to 8000RPM and never seen red come up on the heads up display. The lead tech said a rod or piston broke. sounds like somebody beating on the valve cover with 2 pound sledge. The dealer sent a video of it running. they said to not touch it and they sent out a new motor immediately. it should be back together this week. i have video of it on my phone. I haven't abused the car.
No doubt Ford wants to see that motor ASAP.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You're more than likely going to load it on You Tube or a hosting site before you can put it here.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Video Uploaded here:

[video=youtube;JTl9r6RgQUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTl9r6RgQUM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread