VMP's Roushcharged 5.0L...now 10.61@130 at BG

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We've gone faster, again. This car just keeps running better and better.

Last Wednesday we had the car on the dyno for some fine tuning & testing before heading up to the NMRA Bowling Green, KY race. We got there on Thursday night so we could run TnT on Friday.

Friday the car went a 10.86 and then a 10.69.

On Saturday she ran in True Street and went an 11.0 first pass with a spinning 1.76 60ft, on the two subsequent passes she went 10.76 twice in a row, some of the numbers on the time slips lined up exactly, the 60s were in the low low 1.6 range. It was nice to see the car perform very well on 3 hot hood down back to back passes. Saturday night a cold front came in, so we stayed for Sunday since the temp was about 10* cooler.

On Sunday morning she clocked two 10.61s in a row with 1.61-1.62 60fts (not her best, track was slippery). First pass ran 130.6 and on the 2nd pass the car was a little warmer and there was a head wind, it went 129.8

The car is very consistent as long as you have a good burnout on the 265/40/18 MTs. We are still doing some suspension tuning, on a stock height car there is a very fine line when it comes to LCA angle.

We still have the Roush supplied enclosed air box (carb legal), its nice to say we did this with an as supplied kit from Roush, just custom tuning. However there is a bunch of power hiding out in the CAI so we'll be swapping that soon.

There is just a ton left in this car in terms of intake, gears, drag wheels, so I'm very excited about pushing it farther in the coming months.

NMRAKY2010MT.JPG

10-3-10%2010.6x%20timeslips%20NMRA%20BG.jpg

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPy6vdfoNPU"]YouTube - VMP's Rouscharged 2011 5.0 at Bowling Green, KY NMRA Race...10.61@130[/nomedia]

Last edited:

DIB5.0

Established Member
Congrats Justin and Rebecca. Great job as always. Can not wait to see how much more you can get out of her.

INDY MACH

Established Member
I talked to you and your wife in some detail about your car at the Hobby Lobby Saturday night. Your car was so unassuming, but yet so fast. Good luck with your future mods. I'll be keeping up on your cars performance.
Jim C.

RebeccaS

Established Member
Thanks everyone!

I was gonna ask the same thing. I know the mod list is short on this one which makes it all the more impressive.

3.15 gears (stock), J&M LCA's, a PST DS and Steeda relocation brackets. The cats are deleted but all exhaust is stock. Fuel system is stock except 47s that came with the Roush kit.

Also, I'm not sure we would benefit greatly from a converter. There is a synergistic relationship between the stock converter and the TVS. The converter was tight when the car was stock, but now it is flashing to about a 3000 stall. Certainly as we make more power it will be a consideration.

I can't ask for much more than 1.60 60' (which is what I got on my 10.7 runs) on stock gears and DRs.

Justin thats awesome... You guys going out to the track tomorrow? Funday Sunday!! :)

Thanks, we will be there tomorrow!

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
how much boost you pushing through that thing? i noticed in the first vids you posted from OSW where you were running 5lbs and were hitting 11.2 at 125. Just more aggressive tuning or what?

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
With the stock roush airbox and 90mm pulley they make about 6-7psi, that is what we always had until BG when i installed an 85mm pulley which didn't really make any more peak boost due to the restrictive enclosed airbox, just more low end. When you swap to an open airbox it makes a lot more boost.

I love the roush kit, roush engineered a really nice belt system, the TVS makes great HP and TQ, and the kit is very reasonable priced. I have kits in stock and sell them for $6499 with tune.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
With the stock roush airbox and 90mm pulley they make about 6-7psi, that is what we always had until BG when i installed an 85mm pulley which didn't really make any more peak boost due to the restrictive enclosed airbox, just more low end. When you swap to an open airbox it makes a lot more boost.

I love the roush kit, roush engineered a really nice belt system, the TVS makes great HP and TQ, and the kit is very reasonable priced. I have kits in stock and sell them for $6499 with tune.

you do install? how much does install typically run for this kit?

Users who are viewing this thread